Mitsubishi Evo X...REVEALED

andyhui01 said:
Dr. Woo... how could you betray the GTI badge... and you call urself a VAG supporter... pfft :mrgreen:
I'd be doing myself a disservice to remain blindly loyal to any one badge.

I still plan on buying a GTI, but it may just be replaced by this beauty.

Overheat said:
Posting all info from the Tokyo Motor Show, so sorry for any overlap

mitsubishi-conceptx-f.jpg

Motor Show: Mitsubishi Concept-X

Mitsubishi's Concept-X previews the 2007 Lancer Evolution X, to be built on the all-new Lancer/Dodge Caliber platform.

It's even more aggressive-looking than the current Evo; the designers point to the massive grille opening and NACA duct on the bonnet as evidence of "the huge quantities of air it draws in." This is a broad hint that the Evo's new engine will be a fire-breathing turbocharged unit.

Concept-X uses a clutchless six-speed auto-manual transmission with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel. Also hinting at its rally-bred heritage, it has aluminium for the bonnet, bootlid, wings, roof and front and rear door panels to bring the weight - and centre of gravity - right down.

Also showcased is a feature called Super All Wheel Control, a further development of the company's superb high-performance, road-oriented four-wheel drive set-up.

Don't Tell Me there going to put a hemi in there.

I think that actually looks quite decent...

Thing is, are they going to stick to single turbo? You'd think if they were after that sort of power, they'd be better off going for a sequential twin turbo system, to try and minimise turbo lag.

looks slick, i am glad they are dumping that stupid triangle center grill point thing. that looked horrible. SUBARU TAKE NOTES

at this rate, my first STi will be my last

freakster_991 said:
its a body of a 3 series previous model...and the front lights of a Altezza...hmmm looks mean tho....kickass

i very agree....altezza headlights....hmmm...

ugly .. will probably rip the streets apart though.

UGLY?!?! That's stunning. In my opinion anyway. Want one.

just noticed in the pic, it sits on semi slicks.. will they sell it with those tires?

http://img495.imageshack.**/img495/3722/evo6ox.jpg
ggrrrr..i'm so angry about being an evo!! i wish i were an sti!! grrr....

I'm liking the drawing much better than the actual concept car.
The front end is just a bit .... weird.
Rest of the car looks great though.