Mitsubishi lancer rally edition worth buying?

mojo_786

Car(s)
Mazda Protege
Hi

theres a mitsubishi lancer OZ-RALLY 4D SEDAN

YEAR: 2003
MILEAGE: 69243 KM
ENGINE: 4 CYL
TRANS: 5 SPD
BODY COLOUR: RED
INT COLOUR: GREY
PRICE: 11,500 (CAD)

Options:

POWER STEERING
POWER MIRRORS
AC
POWER BRAKES
TILT STEERING
AIR BAG
POWER WINDOWS
CRUISE CONTROL
CD
POWER DOOR LOCKS
REAR DEFROST

Can anyone help me out? im not really sure if its a good choice. im going to end up takin it from my dad soon so for my first car is it worth it? or should i wait for a better car such as a jetta or SX2.0 or something similar?
any opinions?

There's a couple of people where I work which swear by them. I haven't found anything wrong with them. It's just a Lancer with the OZ Rally stuff.

Can't go wrong if you are getting it from your dad.

Both the Jetta and the SX 2.0 wouldn't be great choices especially if any of them are used. If the Mitsu has been in the family and taken care of, I'd take it.

My first car was a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier which I bought myself.

if its for daily driving, it should be fine. they are pretty good cars that are usualy compared to the likes of a nissan sentra ser and such.

It probably has the 162 hp engine since two of my co-workers drive Lancers.

^ Nope, that's the Ralliart Lancer. Anyhow, Car and Driver did a review of it and felt that it was too anemic for any fun.

Did some research. It was only 120 hp and 130 lb-ft

yeah it only has 120 Hp and yeah 130 lb-ft. my dad MIGHT buy it as a family car buh ima take it from him soon.

wen i do get it im one of those guys who'll definitely push the car to its limits. so wen it comes to that matter is it worth it? mitsubishi is known as a reliable car company not as good as toyota or honda buh not as bad as some of the american car companies. correct me if im wrong.

11000 for a family car is okaayyyy also wen u compare it to its competitors it doesnt really stand out buh doesnt blend in either... anyone driven it? any thoughts on how its on the road? o n wat about the aftermarket parts?

so at this point im not sure if i should urge him to get it or just hold back till something better comes along.

if its the 120hp...then hold back, its not really that great. even some civics would be a better choice.

i got confused with the oz rally and the ralliart...the ralliart is the one u want.

rally oz is just a regular lancer with better wheels and some other random crap. don't buy it if you want to "push" the boundries.

There's no aftermarket support for it either if you're into the "tooner" scene.

If your family is going to get an econobox and you want one with some sort of kick in its pants, get the ralliart edition. 2.4 MIVEC which coupled with the lancers weight makes it go moderately fast. Or maybe a sentra which has roughly the same hp as that oz rally or whatever it's called but a peppier engine.

It's a decent daily driver though. Being japanese it'll probably get you through life without too much fuss. Be warned though, parts are more expensive for mitsus for some odd reason. Same with Nissan. Transmission fluid ran me 7 or 8 bucks when it was like 4 bucks from Toyota.