Rumour Mill: Mitsubishi to close US plant

It's not like they can't make a good car either, they are just not trying. If they added a 6 speed manual and direct injection to the Evo it would probably still be competitive. They could've made a Ralliart edition of the Mirage with the Lancer Ralliart engine and it would be a pretty good subcompact. But they just don't seem to care anymore.

It's not like they can't make a good car either, they are just not trying. If they added a 6 speed manual and direct injection to the Evo it would probably still be competitive. They could've made a Ralliart edition of the Mirage with the Lancer Ralliart engine and it would be a pretty good subcompact. But they just don't seem to care anymore.
The problem isn't the Evo or its drivetrain. It's damn well every other car they make, even (especially) those aimed at non enthusiasts.

They just suck in every aspect.

They've come a long way away from my 3000GT VR4. The last EVO looks sad and it should be. What the hell happened to Mitsubishi? They used to make great fun vehicles.

What the hell happened to Mitsubishi? They used to make great fun vehicles.

They proudly, defiantly, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

In five years, they'll write case studies in business school for how Mitsubishi completely annihilated every bit of goodwill from the 1990s, and ceded the sports compact market to Honda, which also ceded the sports compact market to...Volkswagen?

They proudly, defiantly, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

In five years, they'll write case studies in business school for how Mitsubishi completely annihilated every bit of goodwill from the 1990s, and ceded the sports compact market to Honda, which also ceded the sports compact market to...Volkswagen?

The US sporty compact market was never theirs to lose and they didn't actually have that much goodwill in the 90s. All they had back then was the DSMs and they never really capitalized on it. The 3000GT was too heavy and too expensive and the rest of their US lineup was both terrible and eminently forgettable.

- - - Updated - - -

They've come a long way away from my 3000GT VR4. The last EVO looks sad and it should be. What the hell happened to Mitsubishi? They used to make great fun vehicles.

They made fire spew from AC vents and door panels, that's what happened. :p And then they decided they didn't want to make edgy sport coupes with ridiculous turbo motors and made secretaries' cars instead.

1024px-Mitsubishi_Eclipse_front_20080303.jpg

Last edited:
The 3000GT VR-4 may have been heavy but it was still badass. I loved mine! I'd buy another one if the active aero electrics weren't made of paper m?ch?. ;)

I'd buy another one if the active aeroall of the electrics weren't made of wet paper m?ch?. ;)

FTFY, and right there was one of their big problems that they reportedly still struggle with even now.

Worst of all, they forgot what gave them the popularity they did have; they got rid of all their fast and fun cars and the replacements were neither, plus they were often much more expensive. Fast, fun and cheap forgives a multitude of vehicular sins - and Mitsubishi forgot that, if they ever knew it in the first place.

Last edited:
^ Agreed. Nothing they make is appealing and it's unfortunate.

:| I have no words....talk about a Samsung GS4 esque failure of a press conference

I would say it was amateur hour at Mitsubishi, except that would be insulting to amateurs.

To the woman in the car from 6:30 onwards: :rofl:

To the rest: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IKR? I was like "....the fuck is she doing in the car?" since I was used to people in the car doing their darndest to not? draw attention to themselves! :lol: