Mixing audio tracks as a hobby?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'99 Opel Astra 2.0L
So this might be an odd request. In my teens and 20s I used to mix live sound for churches a d other extracurricular events. Always focused on bands of classic rock genres typically. I’m starting to really miss that part and not the long hours. I’m wondering if I could find as a fool around hobby, raw tracks to play around with to mix in logic or whatever is popular these days. I still have some from a friend who recorded a couple nights I mixed at, but they’re from early on as a teenager in church youth group. These days I just want any type of music to mess around with.

As I’ve done some studio work, not as much as live concerts, I want to basically have a song, but all the instrument tracks broken up so I can mix them how I see fit, make sense? I know this stuff by any meaningful band are heavily guarded by a lord and savior Record Companies, anybody know of where I could check?

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
You might want to check reddit's r/BedroomBands where people go to find remote musicians to collaborate with. You might find some people looking for what you have to offer, or may be willing to share their tracks.

Specter Sound Studios on youtube's host can be a bit...much...but I think they do regular mixing exercises (might even be contests) where (I think) people can get the tracks, mix them, and submit them for review and I think for a contest.

Last edited:

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Last edited: