MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
That's right, only 2 weeks until opening day! Rosters are starting to take shape, the WBC is -mercifully- just about over and like a moth to a flame, I can't wait for the season to start. :p

Hopefully, this thread won't just consist of my babble; please do join in and
discuss. Expectations? ST surprises? Rants... whatever.

Let's get the ball rolling. :D

Ouch, hating on the WBC? I've been loving it. We've had serious baseball in March. Those Netherlands games were some of the best baseball I've ever seen, period... in March. I mean, seriously.

I got the MLB Extra Innings package paid for, and about to pay for MLB.TV too... winter is finally about to go and the real American sport is about to start.

I hope not... last thing we need in the world is MORE bandwagon Cubs fans due to their new found "success".
You get a cookie for using the words "success" and "Cubs" in the same sentence.

In all seriousness, Mariners! Lets not lose 1game per $1million spent again please!

Go Yankess.

I caught a spring training game featuring some if not all mlb active roster players and it still felt kind of boring, baseball is a game you wait for and look forward to, but, the moment the first pitch is thrown, it often turns into a 3+ hour nonsence.

**** the Yankees.

I can't wait to see A-Roid back in Seattle this year, worthless POS. Normally as Seattle sports fans we wish our star players well when they go to other teams. We know we're almost eternally doomed to not know the feeling of a championship, so when one of our fan favorites leaves we hope they finally earn that championship.

A-Rod? No. Screw that guy. Him and Hutch and Brown.

How do the Seattle area fans feel about getting Jr. back? He was exciting to watch when he was with the Sox, I'll always remember his time with us (in spite of it being largely mediocre) for his throw from CF to nail the guy at the plate in the 1 game Playoff.

Go Giants wooo!!! If our offense comes around this year...and I'm hoping it will with Sandoval getting more playing time...I really think we can challenge to win the West. We have the best starting rotation in the NL west no problem... and if Zito pulls his shit together maybe even in the NL.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Lincecum pitch over 5 times... and watching that kid is just... amazing.

Go City by the Bay :D

How do the Seattle area fans feel about getting Jr. back? He was exciting to watch when he was with the Sox, I'll always remember his time with us (in spite of it being largely mediocre) for his throw from CF to nail the guy at the plate in the 1 game Playoff.
It's good to see the kid return. There is probably no more significant sports figure in Seattle history. But I think we're all realistic about what he brings to the team, and more importantly what the team provides him with. We're not winning the World Series this year. But we do get to watch Junior play. And that makes everything a whole lot better.

Ouch, hating on the WBC? I've been loving it. We've had serious baseball in March. Those Netherlands games were some of the best baseball I've ever seen, period... in March. I mean, seriously.
The timing and the injury risks completely turn me off. Soto also returned chubbier than ever... The US just doesn't take it seriously.

Cubs in '09!
You're probably being your usual smartass self, but the window's wide open. :p

I hope not... last thing we need in the world is MORE bandwagon Cubs fans due to their new found "success".
It happens every year. Luckily, those fans will soon learn it's not easy being a Cubs fan and go buy a new, pre-worn Yankees hat.

Anyway, the heart of the order seems to have found their timing and they're really starting to hit the ball well and our starting pitching looks rock solid. Should know who's closing by the end of the week as well. *cough*Gregg*cough* :D

Come on, we all know the bandwagon stops in Boston this decade!

How you guys liking Old Lou TTW? (See post about wishing our greats well when they leave)

Cubs in '09!

You may not be serious, but I do hope they go all the way.

**** the Yankees.

My thoughts exactly.

The timing and the injury risks completely turn me off. Soto also returned chubbier than ever... The US just doesn't take it seriously.

And that's the problem with the WBC, every other nation is taking this seriously and here we are, possibly the best baseball country in the world, not putting out the best team.

Now, it's not for me to say if we should have a dedicated WBC team or keep having random pros fill out the roster, but something has to be done so we take it seriously.

Come on, we all know the bandwagon stops in Boston this decade!
http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/7894/emotbandwagon.gif

How you guys liking Old Lou TTW? (See post about wishing our greats well when they leave)
He's getting a little senile, but he gives great interviews. :p

And that's the problem with the WBC, every other nation is taking this seriously and here we are, possibly the best baseball country in the world, not putting out the best team.

Now, it's not for me to say if we should have a dedicated WBC team or keep having random pros fill out the roster, but something has to be done so we take it seriously.
It's never going to happen and I don't think it makes any difference. The whole point of this tournament is to see the best ball players compete against each other for their countries. The best aren't playing. It's also supposed to promote the game around the world, but it's clearly already popular worldwide. As long as MLB exists, baseball tournaments like the WBC and Olympic baseball are going to be second best. Hell, ST games excite me more.

Bradley went 3 for 4 with a homer and a double today. :D

Last edited:
:)

phillies_win_2008_world_series.jpg

I loves me some baseball.

I hate the Phillies, only because my girlfriend can't stop wanting to slobber on Cole Hammels' junk.

Her and every other female in the greater Philadelphia area.

Chase Utley seems to have that effect too, Pat Burrell still does. <_<

I'm pretty sure most of the guys in Philadelphia want in on Cole, too...

he's just so dreamy.

Damnit, I spend too much time with my girlfriend.

:lol:

He is kind of the king of the city right now after his playoff performance last year. You should see the 7 million dollar condo he just bought in downtown Philly. I'll try to find a link.

Find a link, I'll show my girlfriend and then she'll run away to him.