MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

Oh yeah, its great for the Giants that after losing Bonds we are able to get a new star, Timmy and keep the team relevant. I mean thinking after Bonds left the only "star" we had in theory was Zito o_0
Also now we have Cain stepping up, got this is great.

I never saw him fully as a Tyrant, if we had this rotation and Bonds the Giants would be scary.

Tyranny might have been a poor choice of words:D. What I meant is the constant steroid talk, the general assumption that Bonds was a huge asshole, his standoffish attitude towards the media, and a consensus that indicated he wasn't a team player (large screen tv, recliner , like 4 corner lockers).

Rumors are that the Giants are scouting Dye from the White Sox.

Bitches better step off my Dye (or give us Lincecum)

haha...

I think they are trying to package something to move Jonathan S?nchez and maybe some of our minor league guys.

BTW fun little fact i love to rub in Telly face, the Cubs drafted Lincecum but could not come to terms with him and he decided to go to College. Good decision i think =D

haha...

I think they are trying to package something to move Jonathan S?nchez and maybe some of our minor league guys.

BTW fun little fact i love to rub in Telly face, the Cubs drafted Lincecum but could not come to terms with him and he decided to go to College. Good decision i think =D

I think Telly jumped off a bridge already, so don't worry about him ;)

I hate situations like that, two really painful ones come to mind for the Red Sox : Jeff Bagwell and Mark Teixeira.:(

So before last season, JP Riccardi had a deal in place to send Alex Rios to SF straight up for Lincecum, but the deal fell through last minute. Way to go JP you sack of shit.

No, her liver disease is advanced and there's not much they can do, but I'd rather not talk about it on here. Hope you understand.

My mother's been in the hospital for the past two weeks, so I haven't been following the team much. I am watching Lee and the Cubs tonight though.

I'm sorry to hear it. I never would'vd joked about you if I had known, but I know you understand I was only joking about the Cubs not doing so great last week....

They played a hell of a ballgame tonight though. Lee with a career high 7 RBI game, plus extended his hitting streak to 23 games, the longest streak currently in the MLB at the moment.

No, her liver disease is advanced and there's not much they can do, but I'd rather not talk about it on here. Hope you understand.

I'm sorry that I brought it up,I'm sure the internet is most people's way to escape. I hope for the best and you guys have my prayers.

edit: Jeffy777, yeah when D.Lee is locked in he is one of the best hitters in baseball, I mean near Pujols good.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I'm sorry that I brought it up,I'm sure the internet is most people's way to escape. I hope for the best and you guys have my prayers.
Not a problem, you didn't bring anything up. I'm just not one to discuss personal matters online.

They played a hell of a ballgame tonight though. Lee with a career high 7 RBI game, plus extended his hitting streak to 23 games, the longest streak currently in the MLB at the moment.
If my memory serves me correctly, his streak ended in Detroit.

edit: Jeffy777, yeah when D.Lee is locked in he is one of the best hitters in baseball, I mean near Pujols good.
First time I've chuckled in days. :p

I'll keep digesting newspaper box scores and see if I can hop in tomorrow.

I just found this comic I cut out of the paper back in 2005, still makes me laugh:lol:.

Mallard_Fillmore.gif

Last edited:
Manny comes back tonight, thank the gods.

My fantasy team has been sitting with a huge hole.

^ Definitely helps to have him back, oddly enough though I moved into 1st place during his absence.

I wonder if we can get a Final Gear league from the All Star Break on?

Last edited:
I'd be down too. Haven't played fantasy baseball in a long time.

I'm always game for fantasy baseball.

I've been doing ESPN leagues, if everyone is fine with that I'll set it up. I don't have a Yahoo account so I can't set it up right now, but if you all want Yahoo I'll do that too.