MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Only ESPN can ruin an awesome Cubs/Cards game. Goddamn.

I've already explained the "booing Santa" incident. If you continue to disregard the truth of the story thats not my problem.
I honestly must have missed that.

And I'm sorry, but the Chicago douchebag fan will in fact run onto the field and attack the first base coach of the Royals and then two years later attack an umpire. Just thought it was interesting that wasn't included in your evaluation of Chicago fans.
I focused my attention on the Northside, but like I said, there are morons everywhere. That guy was supposedly a Cubs fan, btw.

While we're on the subject of Philly morons, I can't wait for the new Sunny season/DVDs. :D

Can't believe I'm now tied for 2nd place in our league.....thank god for my pitching!

I thought my team would be more competitive.

I'm 1st in all my other leagues. :(

Can't believe I'm now tied for 2nd place in our league.....thank god for my pitching!
It's impressive how you climbed your way up from 2nd to last place (iirc) early in the season.

Auto-draft actually did pretty well for you. :p

Anyway, the fantasy trade deadline is almost here guys. We all know each other's strengths and weaknesses by this point, so let's improve our teams. I'm pretty sure going an entire season without a trade is unprecedented. :p

Indeed.

My batting has slightly improved, but my pitching just imploded, banishing me back down to last. IIRC, I had one of the lowest ERA/WHIP's in the league. Now I have the highest.

Willing to deal these three pitchers: Jonathon Sanchez, Clay Bucholz, Jaime Garcia for hitting (OF and 2B/SS).

Trade deadline's in a few hours. Tons of activity all around the league; I love this time of year. Looks like the Dodgers are going after Lilly hard. :)

Oh, and it was awesome to see the Rockies' offense break out last night and go insane. Just why'd they have to do it against the Cubs!?! 12 runs in the 8th with 2 outs...

So we can still trade in the league, right?

Last edited:
Joke for Tele....

I met a fairy today that granted me one wish. "I want to live forever, " I said.
"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"
"Fine" I said, "I want to die after the Cubs win the World Series!"
"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

JP Arencibia, 2 homers in his first major league game!

I get to watch a baseball game on TV COMMERCIAL FUCKING FREE.

Brewers fans will be able to enjoy their team commercial-free on Tuesday night, and it's for a good cause.

The team and Fox Sports Wisconsin are collaborating on a unique telecast that features the Brewers-D-backs game, of course, but also a Brewers Community Foundation auction featuring exclusive memorabilia and "experience" items. They include:

? A chance to coach first base in Spring Training
? A party for 50 in the Brewers clubhouse
? A pitching clinic with Trevor Hoffman and Rick Peterson
? A hitting clinic with Dale Sveum and Casey McGehee
? A ticket package featuring principal owner Mark Attanasio's front-row seats
? Twenty tickets to the owner's suite

Bidding opened Aug. 3 and continues until 11:59 p.m. CT on Tuesday. You can see the entire list of auction items, and place your bids, at Brewers.com. Brewers wives will be manning computer terminals at Miller Park for in-person bids.

"We recognize the community faces a number of challenges," Attanasio told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this week. "This is a fun way to be helpful with those challenges. In a tough year, we have gotten tremendous support from the community. This is a way we can give back."

Throughout the telecast, FS Wisconsin will air a series of vignettes highlighting some of the programs and not-for-profit organizations affiliated with the Brewers Community Foundation, including the Make-a-Wish Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Hunger Task Force, the Fatherhood Initiative and S.C.O.R.E for Excellence Day. BCF focuses its support in four areas: health, education, recreation and basic needs.

"We are excited to join forces with the Brewers Community Foundation to gear an entire telecast toward raising money for programs that make a difference for people and families in our community," said FOX Sports Wisconsin senior vice president and general manager Mike Dimond. "This is a chance for Brewers fans to bid on some fabulous items that they can't buy anywhere else."

All proceed from the auction will benefit BCF, which has already raised $1.5 million for worthwhile causes in 2010.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100810&content_id=13257490&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

Like a construction worker, I shall accidentally unearth this thread from a shallow grave.

It was an interesting game between the Brewers and Cardinals. While it will be remembered mostly for Trevor Hoffman's 600th career save, it was also a night where the umpire's ego ran wild. Not only was Macha and Chris Dickerson ejected, but a coach from the Cardinals got the boot while in the dugout. But the topper? The ump ejected a fan for heckling.

The kicker? According to a few people on the Brewers message board, the fan wasn't even heckling the ump. Rather, he shouted at Yadier Molina that "you make your living on your knees."

My god, that ump was terrible yesterday. Not as terrible as we're playing, though; I'm not sure we'll even make the wildcard this year.

At least you guys can finally put Trevor Hoffman out to pasture, though. :p

It's... alive! Thanks for bumping it, hemoh; I thought everyone had died. :(

Not as terrible as we're playing, though; I'm not sure we'll even make the wildcard this year.
Who do you want for Rasmus? :p

Anyway, don't look now, but the Rox are coming again! <3 Tulo/CarGo/Nomo (remember him?) :p