MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Early start, as the Regular Season doesn't start for nearly 6 months, however, I wanted to get a jump on Hot Stove and Off Season by making next Season's thread. This thread will be for all MLB baseball news/talk during the 09-10 Off-Season, and the 2010 Regular Season. Sadly, no WBC this off season, but lets see whats has been up with the Hot Stove since the season just ended 30 seconds ago as I type:

So far, only the Tampa Bay Rays have moved 2B Akinori Iwamura to Pittsburgh, for a RP.

Lets see who moves, who stays, and how much more money the Yankees spend.

I'm glad there isn't going to be a WBC for a few years. Seems like it screws some players up, plus it delays the regular season.

Can't wait till Spring Training though :)

Bring on Spring Training (and another year of the Brewers starting off strong then choking on it when there's playoff implications)!

Well Whappeh it looks like your Sox moved Josh Fields and Chris Getz in a trade for Mark Teahen. Frankly I think they over paid a bit, but we'll see.

Whoa. Wat? Did not see that coming. Totally setting a huge off season for the Sox...

Alexi moves back to 2nd, Beckham to SS (his natural position) and Figgins rolls into 3B and the Sox walk to the World Series.

Also news of the day:

Jeremy Hermida OF moves from Florida Marlins to Boston for 2 RPs.
Abreu is returning to the Angels for a 2yr deal.
Mark Kotsay gets a 1yr deal from the White Sox.

Also, Tim Lincecum smokes weed and got busted (the freak stories get more and more true).

Here is a full list of free agents that have filed has of today:

BALTIMORE (4) -- Danys Baez, rhp; Mark Hendrickson, lhp; Chad Moeller; c; Melvin Mora, 3b.

BOSTON (3) -- Rocco Baldelli, of; Jason Bay, of; Billy Wagner, lhp.

CHICAGO (2) -- Ramon Castro, c; Scott Podsednik of.

CLEVELAND (2) -- Jamey Carroll, 2b; Tomo Ohka, rhp.

DETROIT (5) -- Adam Everett, ss; Aubrey Huff, 1b; Placido Polanco, 2b; Fernando Rodney, rhp; Jarrod Washburn, lhp.

KANSAS CITY (1) -- Jamey Wright, rhp.

LOS ANGELES (3) -- John Lackey, rhp; Darren Oliver, lhp; Robb Quinlan, of.

MINNESOTA (3) -- Joe Crede, 3b; Ron Mahay, lhp; Mike Redmond, c.

NEW YORK (0)

OAKLAND (4) -- Bobby Crosby, 1b; Justin Duchscherer, rhp; Nomar Garciaparra, dh; Adam Kennedy, 3b.

SEATTLE (2) -- Adrian Beltre, 3b; Mike Sweeney, dh.

TAMPA BAY (1) -- Troy Percival, rhp.

TEXAS (5) -- Joaquin Benoit, rhp; Hank Blalock, 1b; Marlon Byrd, of; Eddie Guardado, lhp; Ivan Rodriguez, c.

TORONTO (1) -- Kevin Millar, 1b.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

ARIZONA (2) -- Doug Davis, lhp; Chad Tracy, 1b.

ATLANTA (4) -- Garret Anderson, of; Mike Gonzalez, lhp; Adam LaRoche, 1b; Greg Norton, 1b.

CHICAGO (2) -- Rich Harden, rhp; Reed Johnson, of.

CINCINNATI (0)

COLORADO (2) -- Jason Giambi, 1b; Jason Marquis, rhp.

FLORIDA (2) -- Brendan Donnelly, rhp; Ross Gload, lhp.

HOUSTON (3) -- Darin Erstad, of; Mike Hampton, lhp; Jason Michaels, of.

LOS ANGELES (6) -- Ronnie Belliard, 2b; Jon Garland, rhp; Orlando Hudson, 2b; Doug Mientkiewicz, 1b; Eric Milton, lhp; Randy Wolf, lhp.

MILWAUKEE (5) -- Mike Cameron, of; Frank Catalanotto, of; Jason Kendall, c; Felipe Lopez, 2b; Corey Patterson, of.

NEW YORK (2) -- Carlos Delgado, 1b; Brian Schneider, c.

PHILADELPHIA (0)

ST. LOUIS (7) -- Rick Ankiel, of; Mark De Rosa, 3b; Troy Glaus, 3b; Khalil Greene, ss; Matt Holliday, of; Jason LaRue, c; John Smoltz, rhp.

SAN DIEGO (2) -- Henry Blanco, c; Brian Giles, of.

SAN FRANCISCO (4) -- Bobby Howry, rhp; Brad Penny, rhp; Juan Uribe, 2b; Randy Winn, of.

WASHINGTON (2) -- Josh Bard, c; Livan Hernandez, rhp.

It is being reported that the Arizona Diamondbacks will pick up the 2010 option on pitcher Brandon Webb, worth $8.5 million, despite him pitching only 4 innings on opening day and nothing after that in 2009.

Brewers trade J.J. Hardy to the Twins for Carlos Gomez.

Another fine move, Melvin...*facepalm*

And as a White Sox fan, I can't tell you how happy that trade makes me.

Holy shit, Sammy Sosa!!

[YOUTUBE]A_TeYpd3rzM[/YOUTUBE]

Arizona Fall League Championship game is on. My, oh my, have I missed baseball.

Last edited:
Also, Tim Lincecum smokes weed and got busted (the freak stories get more and more true).

Since this is a bit old thread but noticing no where in the forum anyone brought this up, not only he got busted for weed but also won his 2nd Cy Young :p

He is the freak!

So far this off season hasn't been a blow out in terms of hot stove, but the Winter Meetings start soon, and that is where people are saying the few big names that will move, will move. I'll update this thread if anything happens.

I'm hunkering down trying to prepare myself for an entire season of suck from the BJs. No Doc, no wins.