• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

MMA 2012

I love Pat Barry.

According to Dana White's twitter, Mir is officially taking Overeem's spot against JDS next month, I guess they don't have as much faith in Overeem's excuse as his management does.

Here's my pick for that fight, it's very easy.

JDS via KO. This will be a very one sided fight.

PB you like Mir and have picked all of JDS' fights wrong, so I offer you a sig bet. For me to win JDS must win by KO or TKO, for you to win Mir must submit JDS.

Last edited:

Here's my pick for that fight, it's very easy.

JDS via KO. This will be a very one sided fight.

PB you like Mir and have picked all of JDS' fights wrong, so I offer you a sig bet. For me to win JDS must win by KO or TKO, for you to win Mir must submit JDS.

I might be willing to do a sig bet, but not with those conditions.

Thoughts on 145 so far, I have some hopes for Thompson but that boy needs to drill the fuck out of his takedown defense, that was pathetic.

God damn you Schaub! I hope Carwin holds you down and farts in your mouth twice a day for the next year as punishment for fucking up my parlay!

I would have liked to have seen an actual finish in the main event, but I'll take a UD, and anyone saying it was a dull match has been spoiled by Jones utterly destroying the last 4 people he fought. I knew Rashad was going to give him a tough time, but I didn't think it would be in this way, I fully expected this fight to spend at least some of the time on the ground, but outside of Jones pulling guard at the very end it was all stand up. I know a lot of people have said Evans has a weak chin since he got KOed by Machida and rocked by Rampage and Silva, but I think this fight (along with Page and Silva) prove that it's pretty god damn solid, he might get rocked but he's damn hard to put away. The same goes for people questioning Jone's chin, he got tagged worse tonight than he did by Lyoto and he was just fine and kept his composure. Again, I wish they had tried to make up after it was over, but it's apparent that the wounds run too deep and they're not ready to put this to bed just yet. I don't know if Evans is going to stay at LHW or consider that drop to MW that so many people want him to make (I'm not one of them). As for Jones, they'll probably offer up Henderson sometime this summer.

Rory again looked impressive as hell, but is it me or did he seem to shrink a little since his last match? I could have sworn he was a little larger last time out.

Schaub Schaub Schaub Schaub Schaub... I had faith in you, you looked like you might become a solid mid tier HW at one point, and you disappointed me. Next time you fight I'm just going to buy a cheap chandelier and toss it down a flight of steps, I imagine it will take the impact better than your fucking jaw will!

McDonald is legit, a couple more fights and he'll be ready to possibly take the title.

As for Griggs... I guess he figured rubbing those mutton chops on Browne would somehow provide enough submission defense. I say Griggs/Mitrione late this summer while Browne should get a crack at Mark Hunt next if he gets past Struve next month.

Video has been removed.

It was Goldberg calling Evans "Evan", catching himself, then swearing a bit with Rogan yelling "Motherfucker!" followed by Goldie doing the same. This was live on the air when they obviously thought they weren't.

I might be willing to do a sig bet, but not with those conditions.

Thoughts on 145 so far, I have some hopes for Thompson but that boy needs to drill the fuck out of his takedown defense, that was pathetic.

So what would be acceptable conditions?

I'm happy just to boil it down to it's most simple form where for me to win JDS must win and for you to win Mir must win. Doesn't matter how, even if it's controversial, I'll stand by the result.

So what would be acceptable conditions?

I'm happy just to boil it down to it's most simple form where for me to win JDS must win and for you to win Mir must win. Doesn't matter how, even if it's controversial, I'll stand by the result.

That's what I meant, if we do it I'd rather it be one of our standard bets. I only suggested the strange terms for the Sonnen/Bisping fight because of how ludicrous it was for Bisping to say he was going to knock Chale out clean.

Also, if you haven't been following the story with Overeem, it's a barrel of monkeys fucking footballs. Basically when he found out there everyone was going to be drug tested after the 146 press conference last month, he tried to flee the building and actually made it to a car before being told if he didn't whiz in a cup it would be an automatic failure. He had 3 different excuses, one saying he didn't know he had to take the test, another saying he was headed to another interview, and the third was he was scared of being served (legal papers) by Golden Glory.

The excuse for the 14:1 testosterone level is that he was still injured from the Werdume fight last June and some doctor injected him with a cocktail of his own design. The doc himself has a load of shady bullshit of his own in the past, including nearly killing a woman he performed plastic surgery on. Not only did he mispronounce the names of the drugs he was talking about, he said he actually wasn't 100% sure what was in the vial he injected Overeem with and later said he actually injected him with the wrong stuff... it's a total circus.

A better recap of the side show is here http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/4/2...absurd-defense-and-the-desperate-search-for-a

So he's out for the next 9 months and isn't allowed to apply for a license anywhere else in the country. I think he got off light, and it will be interesting to see if he starts shrinking before his next fight or if he's going to keep doing what he has been doing to maintain that Adonis like build of his.

Quick picks for the FOX card tonight.

Barry, because I fucking love Pat Barry.
Palhares, either he's going to tear another leg off or do something stupid, either way it should be fun to watch.
Hendricks, I think this fight will show if Koscheck can sink or swim without AKA.
Miller, because fuck the Diaz brothers.

I'm contractually obligated to say it anytime either of them are fighting. I will give him credit for the win, it was an impressive submission, but I don't think he should be next in line for a title shot after it. If he can pull off another win against a top contender then I'll say he's earned it.

I take back what I said last time about Pat Barry being a good fit at Deathclutch, he's shown vast improvement but he's still light years behind where he should be if he ever hopes to rise above where he is. That being said, Johnson will get absolutely wrecked by any HW with even a half decent ground game, he might hit like a freight train, but that's not going to do him much good against someone who knows how to complete a takedown.

I didn't expect that out of Belcher, good on him for sticking his leg in the wood chipper and being able to walk away with a win. I thought Palhares could possibly be a contender one day, but now I think he's shown he's just a gatekeeper.

He beat a guy whose only losses before were the current champ, the former champ and a highly ranked contender, not only that Diaz finished him, something the others couldn't do. I think that the shot may be a bit premature but how he beat Miller counts for a lot when you consider how consistently good Miller is.

I was going to write a rant on his shitty a person Nick Diaz is for no showing his grappling match with Braulio Estima last night and fucking over a children's hospital, but fuck it. He's a piece of shit and his fans are fucking morons for still supporting him and trying to make up excuses/lies for him. Fuck him.

Nick Diaz is getting a 12 month suspension and formfitting 30% of his purse, but I'm not sure if that includes the bonus money or not. I listened to the hearing my god are the Diaz nut huggers pissed off and in denial of reality. I am happy.

Picks for 146.

Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir - While I'm sure JDS is going to end up taking this, I'm going to pick Mir here. Why? Because damn near everyone thinks this is going to be a total squash match and Mir will just be steamrolled into oblivion. While Mir will be at a disadvantage in the striking department, he's still a former champion with one of the best ground games in the sport, I don't think it's too far fetched to see him catching JDS in something. Also, once again I have a feeling the MMA gods are going to step in just to fuck with people much the way they did with Ortiz/Bader, Bowels/Torres, Russow/Duffe and a half dozen other examples. At the odds Mir is running at, you clean up with a small bet if he pulls off the victory.

Head says JDS by KO. Heart says Mir by comeback submission.

Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva - I know every single bout on the main card has been changed by now, but this is a straight up gimmie fight for Cain. Before the Cormier fight, I thought Bigfoot was better than he was, and I was wrong, I don't think he's going to have much to offer Cain except letting pillow firsts use his huge head for target practice for 3 rounds. I think Cain is going to be mostly gunshy here and go for the safe route by taking Antonio down and keeping him there for the majority of the fight.

Cain by UD.

Roy Nelson vs. Dave Herman - Another loser leaves town match for Nelson. Roy will take this one easily by KO. Herman could be a decent HW but he just doesn't seem to take his training seriously, but even if he did for this fight Nelson is on a whole nother level compared to him. If this fight makes it past round 2 I'll be surprised.

Roy by KO.

Stipe Mio?i? vs. Shane del Rosario - I've only seen Stipe fight a few times, but from what I've seen he has some rather big holes he needs to plug if he wants to stick around, and at 29 his window for improvement is closing quickly. I've never seen Shane fight, but from what I've heard he was a wrecking machine till his car crash last year. I'll go with Stipe simply because he's not coming off a year long layoff.

Stipe by split decision.

Stefan Struve vs. Lavar Johnson - There's only two ways this fight will end, either Lavar manages to exploit Strvue's inability to use his telephone sized arms effectively and his his glass jaw. Or Stefan plays it smart and takes Johnson to the ground to exploit his complete lack of skills in that area for a submission. I think it's simply a matter of who's able to implement their gameplan first. I'm leaning towards Johnson because Struve always lets fighters get right inside him and he's been KTFO three times now. I give Lavar a 55% chance of winning.

Johnson by TKO round 1.