MMA 2013

Picks for tonight.

Stann - Silva is just too far gone.
Hunt - Please let me see Struve get dropped and not end up submitting him.
Sanchez - Because of his never ending gas tank.
Okami - Because Lombard is little more than a can crusher.
Kim

That last punch broke his jaw. I missed the fight. :(

I just got kind of sort of but not really featured on BloodyElbow for an article I wrote. It's not much, but I posted it last night and it got enough attention to get moved from the regular fan post section to the "recommended" section on the front page so more people can view it. So for the two or three others who read this thread, if you want to check it out... http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/7/4077254/nick-diaz-a-history-of-failing-upwards

Last edited:
Nice article.
Congrats!

Thanks, I expected backlash from the Diaz nuthuggers, and I've certainly gotten it. But I've also gotten words of encouragment from some of the people who run the site, so that's good.

edit. Good read, PB!

Last edited:
Any comments on the GSP trash talking about Anderson Silva?

As much as I enjoyed seeing GSP win the fight, the previous one with Hendricks was much more enjoyable.

:lol:

Again, for the 2 or 3 people who read this thread, since my Diaz article went over so well, I've started work on several more. None are close to completion, but if you're interested, here are the topics I'm tackling.

Jon Jones - Damned If He Does, Damned If He Doesn't
Guilty Until Proven Innocent - PED's in mma and false accusations with zero proof
A Love Letter To Pat Barry
Make Em Earn It - A History Of Undserved Title Shots
MMA Gods - Assholes in the sky who love pulling things like Bader/Ortiz

No idea when any of them will be ready, but I'll keep you guys posted when they go up.

Shows how the fight went. I said it as soon as I heard Diaz was fighting GSP. - GSP simply has too good a technique for Diaz to trick him with his surprise stuff or even keep up. GSP was a move ahead the entire fight.

Shows how the fight went. I said it as soon as I heard Diaz was fighting GSP. - GSP simply has too good a technique for Diaz to trick him with his surprise stuff or even keep up. GSP was a move ahead the entire fight.

It was somewhat funny to see Diaz turn to taunting and such to try and get GSP off his game when pure technique failed. :lol:

My picks for UFC On FOX 7.

Bendo - For the third time in less than 6 months I will get to feast on the tears of Cesar Gracie fanboys!
Mir - Yeah I know he has trouble with big wrestlers and strikers, but he's gone to Greg Jackson for this fight and I really hope it works out for the best for him. DC is probably still going to cream him, but I think deep down this at the very least isn't going to be a one sided drubbing like many thing.
Thompson - Because fuck the Diaz brothers, also this is the second time in a row that Nate has missed weight on his try, and he's sooooo sure Gil is going to claim the LW title that he says he's going back to WW. Yeah because that worked out so well for you last time.

My internet access is very sporadic now, also I likely won't see the fights, but still here are my thoughts.

Bendo Vs Melendez - I've long been of the opinion that Melendez does not belong in the top 10, hoping Bendo proves it.
Cormier - He's a far better wrestler than Mir, so good luck getting him down for a sub. I'd always wager he is faster in his movement too. His striking has also come a long way and he learns fast.
Diaz - because regardless of their thuggish attitudes, I like watching them fight.