Moab 2021: This time we are going (May 17-21, 2021)

Finally got all rooms booked for the overnights on the way there and way back.

Now, anyone have any trails they really want to do? I'm doing some non motorized climbing on thursday so we have monday through wednesday open for wheelin.

I would like to do onion creek road again, I never tire of the views on that way, plus Dinosaur tracks!

I'm still interested in the full lockhart basin road as well.

Maybe up gemini bridges area one day?

The Gemini Bridges area is proposed for area closure, so if you want to do it, now would be the time 9 - 7 Mile Rim is super scenic and pretty fun. Lockhart Basin is one I have not done, I will look into that one but I would be interested in it. Onion Creek is always fun.

There's also Fins'n'Things and Hells Revenge.

I'd be interested in doing stuff we haven't done before, however, we also have some newbies (@Der Stig ) so I don't mind repeats either.

What about?
Sunday afternoon: Gemini bridges
Monday: Onion creek/polar mesa/castle valley
Tuesday: Lockhart basin
Wednesday: Hell's Revenge or Fins depending how how we feel
Thursday: (-me) Der Stig expressed interest in exploring arches

Thoughts?

I should add we are driving in from Taos on Sunday so we should get to town around 2 or 3 which leaves plenty of time for a shorter trail.

Gemini Bridges is a very easy trail (easily managed by a stock vehicle on highway tires), what's the level of difficulty we are wanting?

Lockhart Basin is a long haul, it takes time to get to the trail head, 6 hours on trail assuming no side trips, and a long highway haul back in the dark. I'm up for it, but everyone needs to be prepared for that one.

I'd be interested in doing stuff we haven't done before, however, we also have some newbies (@Der Stig ) so I don't mind repeats either.

What about?
Sunday afternoon: Gemini bridges
Monday: Onion creek/polar mesa/castle valley
Tuesday: Lockhart basin
Wednesday: Hell's Revenge or Fins depending how how we feel
Thursday: (-me) Der Stig expressed interest in exploring arches

Thoughts?

I should add we are driving in from Taos on Sunday so we should get to town around 2 or 3 which leaves plenty of time for a shorter trail.
If we wanted to pinpoint a day for the parks, that would be fantastic so we could book doggy day care for the boys. @Der Stig - any preference?

Gemini Bridges is a very easy trail (easily managed by a stock vehicle on highway tires), what's the level of difficulty we are wanting?

Lockhart Basin is a long haul, it takes time to get to the trail head, 6 hours on trail assuming no side trips, and a long highway haul back in the dark. I'm up for it, but everyone needs to be prepared for that one.

I'm open to a variety of difficulties. I'm mostly interested in not breaking anything but I do also enjoy a fun challenge.

We don't need to decide now on any of this, I just wanted to throw up some suggestions and see what y'all thought.

Yeah, good to start thinking about all of this! We're heading down Sunday as well so we'll plan on arriving around 3pm or so. (Gives us just enough time to catch MotoGP in the morning!)

@CraigB - crossing paws!

Remember to pack all cameras, mounts and extra antennas for the live feed.. :mrgreen:

Hey, here's me going... lemme get my baking stuff together so I can have treats for a week. (It's better than that time where I bought like 20 ice cream sandwiches from the Moab grocery store ... only to remember that the hotel had a small fridge and even smaller freezer in the room *noms*)

13 days!! ?

Almost time to go splashin' in onion creek again...

IMG_20190506_120714_1.jpg

IMG_20190506_120951.jpg

Does anyone have a preference on when to visit the parks? We need to get the dogs booked into daycare that day.

If we wanted to pinpoint a day for the parks, that would be fantastic so we could book doggy day care for the boys. @Der Stig - any preference?
I've been AWOL for a while!

I'm figuring we'd have time to get one park explored, so I'll default to y'all's recommendations.

Okay, I'm going to book the dogs for day-care on Thursday - we can either do the park or a trail.