Moab 2021: This time we are going (May 17-21, 2021)

Excuse the beginner editing skillz... I left the GoPro on wide mode the entire trip (I found the button that changes that!) ... and I need big kid editing software. I made these edits using the app on my phone. ?

Made it home yesterday. Long drive through the rain. Awesome trip, can't wait until next year!

Here's the Google Photos link! I'm sure there will be more added soon :D

TL; DR on who broke what:

@Crazyjeeper CJ7: clutch line melted 2x. Fuel filters 3x. Completed all trails except Seven Mile Rim and trailered home
@Blind_Io Xterra: 1x CV axle. Fixed in Moab and drove home okay.
@Der Stig GX470: 1x CV axle, broke a bolt on driver's side rock slider, smashed exhaust a zillion times, now it sounds throatier lol. Fixed in Moab, noisier drive home.
... and don't forget the death wobble on the rental Jeep. ? It's a feature, not a bug.

There I fixed it.
5FCBFB46-AF0D-42E2-9FC9-86A386C6FFE9.jpeg

... and don't forget the death wobble on the rental Jeep. ? It's a feature, not a bug.
I wish we would have thought to save the dash cam video of that happening.

I wish we would have thought to save the dash cam video of that happening.
I failed to turn on my camera in time too. I was busy raising the windows the pups didn't fall out. ?

Last edited:
0/10, do not recommend.

According to the Jeep experts who were with us, that is largely due to poor suspension and steering setup with the lift.

And I just stuck in the few last of the photos I had from the day we left and drove through the storms and into New Mexico in the album.

FYI, most of the photos I took were in my 108MP mode, so most of them are available in a larger 12000x9000 resolution which looks a fair bit better than the compressed versions in the album, for anyone who may want a better quality version of any of them. Panoramic shots aren't in quite the same ridiculous resolution but are also available in a better version.

Thanks for the pictures and videos! That's a truly spectacular landscape. <3
The red rocks still make me giddy and excited every time I see 'em. :D

Really loving the videos and I'm going through the photos, I've got as far as the amazing fish sandals and had to stop to comment before I forgot about them. ?

Would've been really interesting to see how the Disco managed those trails, shame it's totally impractical to fly a crusty old Land Rover over or it could've maybe been fourth or fifth most reliable vehicle! Do you know how many miles were covered (in total and off road)?

Added my photos.

I drove the tow rig 2000 miles and the Jeep managed about 100 miles. Hell's revenge is only 6.5 miles and featured 3 breakdowns for me.

Really loving the videos and I'm going through the photos, I've got as far as the amazing fish sandals and had to stop to comment before I forgot about them. ?

Would've been really interesting to see how the Disco managed those trails, shame it's totally impractical to fly a crusty old Land Rover over or it could've maybe been fourth or fifth most reliable vehicle! Do you know how many miles were covered (in total and off road)?

Those fish sandals were an amazing find in one of the local store by one of the lovely members of the group as a gag gift. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. LOL

0/10, do not recommend.

According to the Jeep experts who were with us, that is largely due to poor suspension and steering setup with the lift.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.13.25 PM.png

Why is it that every jeep, every new version, has this problem?