Moab FG Offroad Jamboree May 4-8, 2020

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
Getting the trip planning going, really looking forward to this! May pick up a 12V fridge for the trip since we'll be camping our way down.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I'm still a maybe, trying to convince Gena that driving 2000 miles, wheeling a 100k mile truck around shit that scares her to death and spending money I shouldn't is a good idea. That being said...

What's everyone thinking on accommodations? Hotels look to be fairly pricey. Cabins aren't badly priced. I don't mind camping, but I have to have a shower or I look and feel like crud.

Edit: Oh, am I the only one who would like to get some non-motorized two-wheel action in too?

Last edited:

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Oh right. This is a thing. I should probably start planning the trip, figuring out flights/logistics and coordinating with one of y’alls.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
I'm still a maybe, trying to convince Gena that driving 2000 miles, wheeling a 100k mile truck around shit that scares her to death and spending money I shouldn't is a good idea. That being said...
My vehicle is over 180,000 miles...

What's everyone thinking on accommodations? Hotels look to be fairly pricey. Cabins aren't badly priced. I don't mind camping, but I have to have a shower or I look and feel like crud.
There are a few campsites in town with showers, or there are some just out of town along the river that don't have showers (but you can take a dip in the river).

Edit: Oh, am I the only one who would like to get some non-motorized two-wheel action in too?
That's all you.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
I'm excited to get the Lexus prepped for this trip. I need to call the offroad shop back and see if they've found my future bumper yet...

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Realized last night that May 4-8 is M-F. Going to be seriously difficult for me in that case. Was hoping this trip would at least straddle a weekend.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
My vehicle is over 180,000 miles...
Fair enough. You do have about 1/4 the travel distance though.

There are a few campsites in town with showers, or there are some just out of town along the river that don't have showers (but you can take a dip in the river).
I'll do whatever the rest are going to do. Probably should have place we all can hang out at, right? Ala Ring Meet.

That's all you.
Damn, I hope someone else likes to mountain bike.

Last edited:

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Realized last night that May 4-8 is M-F. Going to be seriously difficult for me in that case. Was hoping this trip would at least straddle a weekend.
We wanted the weekends for people to travel to and from, since it's not exactly near any major airports.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
So do we have a general plan of events for the 4th-8th, or is it more "pick a trail and go"? Just trying to get our extended trip planned out.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
I believe it will be pretty open. If we want to be more structured that's fine but I don't see any reason to over complicate.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
I'm struggling with this a bit myself - was considering picking up a popup trailer for the trip and camping in the Sand Flats rec area. Anyone else confirmed their accommodation plans yet?

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
Ooh glad you brought this up! We and some friends ended up booking an airbnb at the Rim Village condos on the south side of town. For those who haven't made plans yet, a group can get together and get a 2-3 bedroom condo for decent prices per night. :)

NotLaw

Car(s)
'90 Saab SPG, '84 K5 Blazer, '67 Fairlane 500
I've not set my accommodations yet. The time off has been approved though, so the week is clear.

I'd be down to split a airbnb/condo rental though. If push comes to shove though, I can always find a place to drop a tent too.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
I'm still on the fence. Dad added a race that's going to make it where I'd drive out, have like two days there, then I'd drive back...

Edit: Worked up a schedule:
Leave Mo-Kan Dragway around 7 pm, Sunday, May 3rd, drive to Hays, KS for the night.
Monday, May 4th, Wake up in Hays drive to Moab (692 miles).
Tuesday, May 5th, Moab.
Wednesday, May 6th, Moab.
Thursday, May 7th, Leave Moab about noon, drive back to Hays, Kansas.
Friday, May 8th, Drive from Hays to Mo-Kan Dragway. Work a Friday night race.

Is that too much for me to do? Do I have the extra time/money? Who fucking cares... I want to do this.

Last edited: