Moab FG Offroad Jamboree May 4-8, 2020

It depends if you are camping or not. The desert is all about extremes, so plan on very cold weather at night and livable/cool during the day - however, it also means that snow storms can roll in and make roads impassible overnight and the daytime melt can cause flooding. If you are staying in town, none of this would be a problem because the plans can be altered to account for the weather, but backcountry travel can be hazardous.

I'd be down for a fall or spring '21 trip, depending on when things return to some semblance of normalcy.

☹ I'm sorry, man.

2020 can fuck right off.

Agreed. BCS, I hope the treatments are speedy and helpful and hope she kicks cancer's arse.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. The doctors seem pretty positive about successful treatment, and they can treat younger people pretty aggressively so we've got that going for us. Still hasn't stopped me from being an anxious wreck lately, though. Good news has been in short supply.

Don't forget to take care of yourself through all this. When my dad was in the hospital following a major injury, I took every Friday night off for about 2-3 hours. The entire rest of the week was my designated time to manage things and worry about outcomes, but those few hours with friends were off limits. It really helped me get through it and hold the rest of the family together.

Best of luck with everything BCS.

Moab will still be there when this is all over. It'll give us all more time to get our rigs dialed in @Der Stig

Don't forget to take care of yourself through all this. When my dad was in the hospital following a major injury, I took every Friday night off for about 2-3 hours. The entire rest of the week was my designated time to manage things and worry about outcomes, but those few hours with friends were off limits. It really helped me get through it and hold the rest of the family together.

Yeah I think I'll be OK (can always hide in the garage for a bit, haha) but the COVID situation has made it tough to connect with friends and relax. I'm sure others have it way worse than me so I try to keep perspective on it.

We usually use Hangouts, but I'd be up for it.

Let's do eeeet!! May 1st works for me!!