Moab FG Offroad Jamboree May 4-8, 2020

Ok, I just joined the server, but I don't know if my laptop's integrated mic works. Firefox says it's being shared and I can hear you guys, but I don't know if you can hear me. My discord username is AssaultKitteh47.

We are not hearing you or seeing any video.

The webcam on my laptop isn't working, but it seems that the mic was working earlier.

Protip- google meet (or zoom) works too! Next time, I'm happy to host as I have pro accounts on both. :D

Y'all are awesome!!

Protip- google meet (or zoom) works too! Next time, I'm happy to host as I have pro accounts on both. :D

Y'all are awesome!!

Indeed. It seems like Discord wasn't liking US afternoon hours too much. We switched to Google meet mid-meet, which seems to be running nicely so far.

Funnilly enough, Meet didn't work for me in Chrome, so I installed FireFox and it worked great afterwards.

My laptop didn't really like Meet, but that's due to it using an AC adaptor that wasn't intended for it. Apparently Dell has it set up so that if you use an AC adapter that it doesn't recognize, it'll throttle CPU power.

Hey, at least that's better than the experience I had with my laptop battery....

I finally got that tire seated, once Gena found my big tire levers, only to find I must have pinched the stupid tube. So I had to do it over again... Oh, why was the tire off at all, Craig? Because I broke the nipple cup (don't ask me, this some weird mid-2000s Mavic stuff) and didn't know you don't service it from the inside like every other bike wheel built, ever.

National park update....

Link to Article

Arches, Canyonlands National Parks to reopen May 29

Arches and Canyonlands National Parks will open its trails and roads to visitors again on May 29 after two months of closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Southeast Group of Parks were closed on March 27, after Moab officials and the Southeast Utah Health Department urged National Parks Service officials to shutter the tourist-heavy areas to stop the spread of coronavirus in the area.

Details of updated park policies and precautionary measures were not immediately available; the Moab Sun News is working to clarify how parks will maintain physical distancing and other public health measures.

A May 11 press release from the Southeast Utah Group of Parks, which manages the two national parks as well as Hovenweep and Natural Bridges national monuments, said the parks are "working with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and we are using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis."

On May 29, visitors will be able to access park roads, trails and bathrooms. Visitor centers and campgrounds will remain closed. No backcountry camping will be permitted at Arches National Park; backcountry permits for Canyonlands National Park will be available May 30. The Fiery Furnace, a permitted area of Arches, will remain closed.

Previously, the NPS announced that Hovenweep and Natural Bridges national monuments would allow visitors beginning on May 14. Campgrounds and visitor centers at both monuments remain closed.

"The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers, and partners continues to be paramount," the NPS statement on the national parks opening read, asserting that park leadership will ensuring that "visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health."

"While these areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased and some services may be limited," the NPS statement noted.

Someone took this shot over the weekend:

1615958432305.png