Mock the Week

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
OK, so I've searched the forum for Mock the Week, found nothing and since there are quite a few Anglophiles here, particularly as far as BBC TV is concerned I thought that those of you who appreciate QI and the like might like this.

I was inspired by this clip from a very recent episode that should appeal to the petrolhead in all of us.....

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box
love this clip for Michael McIntyre's version of the Archers.
and Ed's first comment

Last edited:

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #Spyder
I'm a big fan of the show, even with Frankie Boyle gone, Russell Howard and Hugh Dennis are keeping it going; never been much of a fan of Andy Parsons. Their World Cup episode with the South African guy who looked like Ben Stiller with Jeremy Clarkson's hair was pretty funny too. Of course, Dara O'Briain is great too.

EDIT: Oh for fuck's sake, BBC! I would GLADLY pay your bloody license fee if only you had some way to go about receiving it!

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Great bit of Russell Howard about the British press. Sums it up pretty well....

jmsprovan

Frankie Boyle's earlier stuff on the show was much better, towards the end of his stay it was just recycled stuff from his tours and whether HE COULD SHOUT LOUDER AND SWEAR MORE THAN EVERYBODY ELSE.

Andy Parsons has never been funny and a lot of the guests just fall flat on their faces, some of the jokes are just soo terrible.

otherwise is pretty good.

Last edited:

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Occasionally they will have a very good guest on (like that South African guy), and Russell Howard and Hugh Dennis are pretty funny. However, everything else about that show is absolutely crap. Parsons and Boyle are two of the least funny comedians out there, and often the guests come close. Most guests are on there for 'profile raising' but nothing like that ever works. To be a successful comedian, you first have to be new, fresh and funny. Hence how Michael MacIntyre burst onto the scene and didn't spend four thousand years repeatedly going on crap shows like this.

This stuff is very funny as well:

Last edited:

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box
Frankie Boyle's earlier stuff on the show was much better, towards the end of his stay it was just recycled stuff from his tours and whether HE COULD SHOUT LOUDER AND SWEAR MORE THAN EVERYBODY ELSE.

Andy Parsons has never been funny and a lot of the guests just fall flat on their faces, some of the jokes are just soo terrible.

otherwise is pretty good.
i'll agree with Frankie Boyle and to a extent Andy Parsons as well. Most usually if the guests include Michael McIntyre or Ed Byrne then the quality of the show goes significantly up. i think Stewart Francis is great as well with his one liners.

Last edited: