• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Monkeys on guard

Overheat

Forum Addict
A revolutionary concept in car care and security could be on its way to the UK. Trials are underway in South America, a region notorious for car crime, where small primates such as gibbons and capuchins are being employed to protect cars when their owners are away. The company, called 'Mono del Protector' (Monkey Guard), trains small primates to aggressively dissuade potential car thieves from breaking into the vehicles. Effectively, the small monkeys live in the cars, which are modified with solar-powered batteries that allow for effective ventilation 24 hours a day. A hatch, similar to a catflap, is also built into the rear seats, allowing access to the boot, where food, drink, sanitary provision and sleeping accommodation are supplied for the primates. Potential customers would pay a monthly subscription, which would allow for regular checkups of the primates, along with periodic entertainment and 'cuddles' to minimise the potential for psychological distress. A more expensive package will be offered, too, where the primates are trained to 'valet' the car's interior at least twice a week.

Read more here:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=12023

Haven't you guys seen the "trunk monkey" commercial from suburban auto, it's on hookies ftp, in upload I think, called anti-theft_system.wmv

woa check out the spoiler on that aston!

tloekke said:
Haven't you guys seen the "trunk monkey" commercial from suburban auto, it's on hookies ftp, in upload I think, called anti-theft_system.wmv

haha, yeah, those commercials are hilarious, but imagine how dirty/smelly your car would be from having a monkey in it all day/nite?

YUCK, i'll stick with my compustar thank you very much :lol: :lol: