"Monster JAM" Show

Terrex

Car(s)
VW Golf 6R
Hey guys,

I just saw an advertisement for a Monster JAM (where they drive/race around in monster trucks) show, taking place in germany next year. I'm thinking about going there, but sadly I'm not realy sure if it's worth it. Therefor I thought that I ask the forum, if one of you guys ever been there and can suggest it. I loved watching this around midnight during sommer holidays, when I was a litle kid. Don't know, if it still got that "glory" like back then. I'm also aware of the fact, that you probably won't get the same atmosphere, if you watch this in germany instead of Austin, TX for example. Over here in germany it will take place in a soccer stadium.

Ticket's start at around 20 Euro and go up to 70 Euro (probably depends on how close you want to sit).

Since I guess that this is a pretty common event in the USA and this forum is full of americans I hope, that I can get some information :).

greetings Terrex

I've been to a few of these when I was a teenager. If you want to watch silly Monster Trucks smash cars, do jumps and be loud then go. If not, then why are you on this forum?

When I was a little kid I went to a few of these. They were a lot of fun for 7-year-old me. I saw it on TV the other day and it looked pretty impressive, if a little repetitive. I think it would be fun, but I'm unsure that the fun of being in the crowd that goes to these events in the US will manage to cross the pond with the trucks themselves. It might be a very different kind of affair in Europe.

Venue is important, over here stadiums and stuff tend to be smaller, a soccer field 'might' do, but if it's one with just the football pitch and nothing else, I doubt it will be big enough. Monster Jams and similar events need A LOT of space for it to be really spectacular, much, much more than one would think.
We had them here a couple of times a few years back in a venue that was our 'biggest' concert hall (smaller then a soccer field but still) , they had 4-6 cars there in total, and they never could get up to speed for it to be really good, same thing with TopGear live, compare that with the American monster jam held in huge stadiums you see on tv, and you see that what we get is a watered down event...

Last edited:
I went to a Monster Jam show just a couple years ago and had a good time. A lot of that was because before the show you could go down to the stadium floor, see the trucks up close, talk to drivers and crew. That was great. They're truly fucking badass machines.

Well first of all, thanks for the information and reports :).
I'll probably ask some friends if they would like to join and if I get a litle crowd together, I'll probably give it a try :cool:.

greetings Terrex

Well first of all, thanks for the information and reports :).
I'll probably ask some friends if they would like to join and if I get a litle crowd together, I'll probably give it a try :cool:.

greetings Terrex
Did you end up going? :D

Grave digging is my specialty.