Monthly Virtual Meets - 2nd Saturday of the Month

Hey you should definitely ping these out when they happen in the announcement group - I missed a few that way!

For some reason I thought the meet was tonight. The first post says the 8th but the Telegram chat says the 14th, I guess the Telegram one is accurate. :p

I was ready to join but it's probably for the best that it's not today as neighbours over the back are having a very loud, shouty party and I don't want to close the windows.

For some reason I thought the meet was tonight. The first post says the 8th but the Telegram chat says the 14th, I guess the Telegram one is accurate. :p

I was ready to join but it's probably for the best that it's not today as neighbours over the back are having a very loud, shouty party and I don't want to close the windows.
Yeah, I stuffed it up. The second Saturday of the month is the 14th.

So... it's indeed THIS WEEKEND!!!

I've just been informed I'm travelling staff with the Ice Dogs who have a game in Queensland this weekend, so I'll log in and open the room on my phone, and drop by when I can. Sunday will be the day we come home, so you might get some driving action, at least until it's time to get on the plane.

Last edited:
Damn, I've had terrible luck not being able to join these, and unfortunately this one is no exception. Roll on June I guess.

So... it's indeed THIS WEEKEND!!!

I've just been informed I'm travelling staff with the Ice Dogs who have a game in Queensland this weekend, so I'll log in and open the room on my phone, and drop by when I can. Sunday will be the day we come home, so you might get some driving action, at least until it's time to get on the plane.
Accompanying travel complete, with a confirmed arrival to the airport at least. No new people arriving at this point, so calling it quits here. :p

Successfully dropped both the team, and the vehicle, to their destinations unscathed, before returning to catch our flight home.

Got an upgrade to Premium economy as well. However, the sniffles I had at the start of the trip, haven't improved, and my ears are now totally blocked after the flight.

I also managed to set my alarm for an hour too late: 5am instead of 4am. I blame the booze consumed earlier in the evening...

Last edited:
Forecast is looking rather promising, so there's a chance The Travel Van will make an appearance.

Finally a weekend where I don't have to work! (though there are hockey matches I need to attend both days) so I can actually participate!

Also, Note to self: It's a 4am start not 5am.

Oh dang! This one's on my birthday. I might be celebrating. I might not. I think I'm installing VW parts, TBH.

Despite the date mismatch we are talking about tomorrow, so Saturday.

Sorry, it gets confusing.
It's 4am on the 12th for me. But still Saturday for everyone else.

unfortunately I'll not make it this time.
(E)Eh Made it after all

Last edited:
Didn't have to set up the van, but went for a drive to nicer meet location anyway. Back home already, but the meet is still going.

8heNfLFXYwVNusylUpYSfA9mCoq4Tb5aaBRy_VNvJA6U-e6CY9mupSOM2WRjZtp0rqpdTq3jo8Rc-RG50EqZfvFkg72k0gbYJWKedEEGiO8vgstoWIUCZ7bmchSZklUTPT4KBnkVOZmO3OEBIAYhZC1Zbyu4nbYU7oLrh4ZsIdWvYki091EdBIqbxQoqyWOkDfg907L5_XkaAZ1o45NWZJzguHsngTmejNG8FAg5z0j9gn3Df9YjjWrQzR7Cxe0lk5lxs80XiaAqnbASiysxGYS6RNe6nXVYgpgeqfarqGW852UHNlBP9K7aCayShcHGubgppSgYKizMvcKJMtB8A3AImXFU1JyRABaaIAqec2EJv00pg8ZheVpKW2Ezjm6FvkME-M2kmkz4KwqVjBCKFPviXhkzNQpBdMF4DAmAthUZiV6yKqT5ZQ5_zg0W1XzLUF8hX84p3Vrilp0UBcP1fGDTr_LzMu-sZLdaedlguTFB3IrrU77X1RWYoBaLmuLCXprMdqWLEED-Ft62ZGoEAtsjd0h2KqCxr0VRZn77kg-lBNdFS47K2X8IFDm7mm-xePwyaX53glaae5iL5TRCxaNYc-ohCuCkDMXALyu_Y-Tos6zAjI5Dy6EzZnZ45rW8TTQFxLl9A48H474pkjd1m11PUucpO4GtxoHtSWFVjasrFFhP9MhFcLHZJsPjtHGXBn1DieKdz_daTtcdJFeBw_gXFm3sUzPAVIN4bQeodfXbZgur_sFdP_T9QJog=w938-h704-no

8oVsSXgAanfyNlK7tuSZqB9tbdORPojkxPjRxIbHxdvAkbxHx34qo9VMWwuESpn-06PIcd3XSQPjPYp7AkKIW-yADPR1DgSo4W6wSY5d7LPeSK6dgQaBXT6qc27rQfuANq9_TYbjdq-ktpIpOFkEuZredvjd4E1V7rJ-8qWU1_-tHtXz2RIAnycjzB12yJK2bhkE6K6hwFuz4OL7iJZ38ZkBrziHbYaSfalXW7OB2EIw-QZHDpmwOOBaV74jdvFVTckcSQut1h_kpUPLQeFCeFbhb1drtdIUjz4ym3KqBEujwr0JZq83vSCKTXx_ka9REKvKpAHJeT08fzdvbEvWIZcSt7UyOUovcfcBoBSMOSQ35q3v9MEVVir-rjRnCDJ_liWkTrEcwCZ5sDGQyMvP8hgR_ohHWhSxsz1rKIx4upi80jZ7M2u9UnYGT98xKz79qPrYDgxWrrVakxq8DpEB-Qs1X6GaE32YpSdYO8cigmvohOHU5ToYwdhKA8S4p96YtvX_oUgNhEu37tY5ZTra53q5Vpk19bFGMsQoUcmp5BbO8L4bsFyPXyZYyvI4zh61zKCxphUMuXw6pxkVRMmI-d-KHvUGQj2WNEEmJ6c6-nV1IkvrYfZyZ9Ceq422KhjHlqctgN-E56VJTHTQxkxaaV_RisvuGhQKs20Q5yqXy6Juvq2x6hrxsEcL5zNKzcWUNM8zy-TccM_EsUKnJtbhCYnpH6B91jVdQFxMEj2riHYvbiY5bVFXepipSFk7=w939-h705-no

So, the room WAS open, but there appears to be a time limit on how long I can stay there alone before the app says "LOSER! YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!!" and closes down, when no one joins.

So, the room WAS open, but there appears to be a time limit on how long I can stay there alone before the app says "LOSER! YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!!" and closes down, when no one joins.
I guess we should coordinate a start for the meet before you go to sleep.. :mrgreen:

I opened it just after my alarm went off at 3.48am. It's not been an issue previously...maybe they've changed something. Also, once I managed to click their "do not kick me out" button, it's now been stable for 30 minutes, so I don't know.

EDIT: I've found the setting and fixed it!

Last edited: