Monthly Virtual Meets - 2nd Saturday of the Month

They say you are what you eat. But does you are what you drive apply as well..? :unsure:

ACtC-3fYZGYXpnKa6-snu-6UyAVvGqZBCM-Gqt3BxwYkGyLa-qmi_LVIAbRF-u1bxuXfQLz7ThPiOh6e_b7q3iBwGl09fhzy-LPawRq0Auskgx-ipNAuCM9oEiVf9_jsr7cUFhhFOkmUMvY8u7vEsRxsxEgbQw=w1121-h557-no

I was happy to see the new monument - Mount Chrismore!

MountChrismore.png

Looking forward to Jan 9th!

Itshappening.pdf

For those who are interested, new temp meeting link: https://meet.google.com/oqk-ciys-axn

(We needed #free @altoid :D)

Shoutout and thank you @Misrabelle for organizing all the meets!

Going forward, what does everyone think about changing the meeting settings so that participants can join without asking?

EDIT - the north american leg of the meet ended around 1am Pacific.

Last edited:
Going forward, what does everyone think about changing the meeting settings so that participants can join without asking?

EDIT - the north american leg of the meet ended around 1am Pacific.

If it can be made to work, sure. It has been discussed and tried during/before previous meets already (in a similar situation), but what I read last time you'd need something else than your basic bitch Google account for that setting. Haven't checked if anything has changed.

From what I read everyone would have to have their google accounts added to a calendar event, and then they could come and go as they please. I have also found an extension for chrome that will apparently auto accept requests, would need a bunch of people to try to join on the already listed link at some point to see it if works.

From what I read everyone would have to have their google accounts added to a calendar event, and then they could come and go as they please. I have also found an extension for chrome that will apparently auto accept requests, would need a bunch of people to try to join on the already listed link at some point to see it if works.
Both sound like annoying solutions but solutions nonetheless.

Yeah, I totally forgot that we had discussed this before too. I have one meeting that's a scheduled recurring meeting where anyone can login etc. but that's because of the calendar invite thing (which is totally annoying and not feasible)... but I'll look into it too and see if there's a better solution.

EDIT: Yeah, been trying to find a solution using Google Meets and no updates yet. Thanks to @Redliner and @Blind_Io for their help in testing!

Last edited:
I mean I can leave the meet link open in the background while I do other things, and if people are around, try and get in. Or we can set a time to try it. Or just send me a message in telegram and I'll open the link if I'm near the PC.

If anyone does get in, just leave me a message in the text chat.

Last edited:
I mean I leave the meet link open in the background while I do other things, and if people are around, try and get in. Or we can set a time to try it. Or just send me a message in telegram and I'll open the link if I'm near the PC
Ermagerd, you are awesome for captaining the entire thing. Thank you!!

Yeah, I was hoping that there would be a simple setting somewhere on google meet to make life easier, but all good!!

Derp, I intended to join but it didn't happen in the end. I even had an old PC out which would've made a good backdrop but instead it ate my time and pissed me right off...

Next month. Probably.

If needed, I could set up the meeting with my Google Apps For Education account - I'd need to test to see if it'd actually allow for people to drop in though - Google could have been even *more* restrictive to prevent people from Zoombombing classes.