Monthly Virtual Meets - 2nd Saturday of the Month

If only meet had some basic functionality it might be useful

They've clearly changed something, because I did exactly as I've done before, as I know auto-admit works, and it's all fallen in a heap.

Meet is on again this weekend!! I've played with settings, so it isn't going to kick me out if no one joins immediately, therefore the main room should work!

I can celebrate the end of my mandatory Covid isolation, and perhaps brainstorm a thread title for the X5, cause I got nothing...

Meet is on again this weekend!! I've played with settings, so it isn't going to kick me out if no one joins immediately, therefore the main room should work!

I can celebrate the end of my mandatory Covid isolation, and perhaps brainstorm a thread title for the X5, cause I got nothing...

"At least the software works."

I learned later after last month's meet that google is playing around with which software they want to keep, and it sounds Hangouts and/or Meet are going away for something totally new because why not. So I figured that was the problem.

There is a new default setting to end calls if no one joins within a certain time frame. So I logged in, and opened the room early, but because no one joined until after the organised time, it closed everythng down.

Might possibly be better to try that at earlier hour. I assume we'll have a base of some form where we'll stand around doing nothing, so I might try setting up a connection again.

Well, its that time of the month again....however most of the regulars are meeting IRL this weekend.

I'll open the room at the usual time, if anyone wants to join. If there's a possibility for earlier, someone ping me on the Telegrams, and I'll log in if people want to say hi.

That time of the month and all that.

I'll have to see where I'm situated. If I'm at the cabin, both power and network access is rather limited, so might end up a shorter stint. Otherwise business as usual, I guess.

I’ll make an effort to join!

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near home this weekend.

So it seems Google assistant can be activated through Google hangouts. 😁

There's one nest in my room, and one in theirs for their lights and to be able to contact me in case someone falls over or needs my help.