Jeep HEMI JK with a 110-inch wheelbase and 6.1L V8

http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/7122/flyingallaccessrd7.jpg
Jeep Dana 60 JK with a "Military Spec" Dana 60 rear axle

http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/7573/dieseltjrz4.jpg
Diesel TJ: basically a Wrangler with a 2.8L four-cylinder diesel engine

http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/1962/sargeck9.jpg
The Jeep J8 Sarge is military ready and built in Cairo, Egypt

http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/9984/dieselpwjk9.jpg
The Cummins Power Wagon is inspired by PWs of old and powered by a 6.7L Cummins diesel

http://img260.imageshack.**/img260/4430/liberatoriirm4.jpg
The Jeep Liberator II adds some serious off-roading equipment to the standard Liberty

While you won't be able to buy any of what Four Wheeler Blog calls Mopar's "Psychotic Six", you are permitted to drool so grab your kerchiefs and read on. FWB has the scoop on half a dozen project vehicles that Mopar's been wrenching on and are ready for prime time. The lot includes four Wrangler-based vehicles, one Dodge Ram and one Jeep Liberty.

We begin with the Jeep HEMI JK that's got a 110-inch wheelbase to prevent wheelies caused by its 6.1L V8. Then there's the Jeep Dana 60 JK, so named after its "Military Spec" Dana 60 rear axle. Our favorite is the Diesel TJ (above), which is basically a Wrangler outfitted with a 2.8L four-cylinder oil burner. The silver medal gets awarded to the Jeep J8 Sarge that is seriously spec'd out for some unforgiving ground warfare. The Cummins Power Wagon is inspired by PWs of old and powered by a 6.7L Cummins diesel. Finally we have the Jeep Liberator II that adds some serious off-roading equipment to the standard Liberty.

Four Wheeler Blog says these vehicles have already been revealed somewhere (a desert, we suspect), and it will have more detailed info on each of them in the August issue of Four Wheeler accompanied by some amazing photography of dune jumping and sand surfing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/08/mopar-opens-the-jeep-dodge-toybox-and-builds-the-psychotic-six/

The boyz at the Mopar Underground have surfaced and they've premiered a fascinating collection of vehicles that they've been working on behind the scenes.

What follows is a brief rundown of the Psychotic Six. We'll have a detailed overview of these rigs in the August issue of Four Wheeler and the coverage will include off-the-hook photography of these rigs going psycho in the sand. You won't want to miss it. For now, feast your eyes.

Hemi JK: This black JK is called the "JKL" and it has a 110-inch wheelbase, 37-inch tires, a 4-inch suspension lift and a lusty 6.1L Hemi V-8. Can you say POWER-TO-WEIGHT ratio?

Dana 60 JK: Called the "All-access," this JK premiered at the '07 SEMA show, but it's being trotted out again to highlight a new mod; the upcoming "MILITARY-SPEC" and "performance-upgraded" Dana 60 rear axle that will be available through Mopar Performance.

Diesel TJ: This rig is an engineering mule that has been fitted with the 2.8L 4-cylinder DIESEL engine. It was built to explore the feasibility of integrating a diesel engine kit in the TJ vehicle system. It has an Aisin 5-speed and an NV241 t-case.

Cummins Power Wagon: Yep, they FINALLY built one! It's sporting the 6.7L Cummins diesel along with 40-inch tires, a KORE suspension and all the usual smokin' PW goodies. Drool.

J8 Sarge: Oh man, where to start? This ULTRA-COOL non-combat military support vehicle has a 116-inch sheelbase; Dana 60 rear axle set on leaf springs; a 2.8L turbodiesel engine; hood-mounted air intake snorkel; and much more. It's made in Cairo, Egypt.

Liberator II: A Liberty like no other, this KK has a rear ARB Air Locker, rock rails, brushguard, cat-back exhaust, 33-inch tires and a 2-inch lift. Will the Liberty now get some RESPECT?

Mopar trotted these vehicles out to gauge consumer reaction, so hey, feel free to react. Don't hold back. Weigh in with your thoughts on Mopar's latest design exercises.

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/623958...unveil-6-new-drool-worthy-vehicles/index.html

I see nothing bad here. Now all they need to do is actually produce each vehicle. But apparently you will be able to purchase most of the mods.:)

I like, especially that HEMI JK. That thing would be a hoot to thrash around in the dunes like that.

YES YES YESY ESYE SYES YESS YYES YEES BUILD EM ALL

Especially the Dana 60. Although I want a Jeep Sarge with the 2.8 diesel, Dana axles and HEMI JK bodywork, that would be the raddest thing ever.

Half of me wants to join in the manlove these cars are causing, and the other half is still impatiently awaiting the Necronomicon car that'll actually bring the company back from the dead. OK, we get it, we know you can make concepts that turn boys into men with a single flick of crazily-articulated wheel, NOW ACTUALLY MAKE THEM!

I would love to see some of these done on the Wrangler Unlimited - especially that Egyptian military one.

Looks like the Tamiya back catalogue. In other words, full of win.

JK Wranglers are just too bloated for my taste, no matter how many goodies they've got crammed under them. That diesel TJ on the other hand ... I'd looove to own.

How good is that I4 Diesel? Wouldn't an I6 or V6 be better? I love the idea of a diesel TJ, but I'm not wild about a 4-banger.

I disagree with you about the new Wrangler (it's actually the JK, not the TJ), I think it's the best Wrangler they have ever made. The JK has a better suspension than the TJ, and the large fenders make it easy to cram some massive off road tires under there without any suspension mods. The Rubicon JK is one of the most capable off-the-shelf SUVs on the market right now, and I'm almost sure that it's the best one for the price.

How good is that I4 Diesel? Wouldn't an I6 or V6 be better? I love the idea of a diesel TJ, but I'm not wild about a 4-banger.

I disagree with you about the new Wrangler (it's actually the JK, not the TJ), I think it's the best Wrangler they have ever made. The JK has a better suspension than the TJ, and the large fenders make it easy to cram some massive off road tires under there without any suspension mods. The Rubicon JK is one of the most capable off-the-shelf SUVs on the market right now, and I'm almost sure that it's the best one for the price.

:stupid:

I have seen those things in action. They are amazing. I cannot believe what they climb stock or nearly stock. I saw a guy in a STOCK JK Rubicon 2dr following guys with lockers and 37s around.

Jeeper, read my post again. I agree with you and I said that the JK is the best Wrangler they have ever produced. My question (not criticism) was about the I4 diesel engine in that concept.

Jeeper, read my post again. I agree with you and I said that the JK is the best Wrangler they have ever produced. My question (not criticism) was about the I4 diesel engine in that concept.

Well, on the diesel part. It depends on the specs of the I4. As long as it has more torque than the minivan 3.8 (which isn't hard) it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, its really easy to make a diesel make power. As long as it has at least 170hp/260tq it will haul the wrangler around just fine.

I would still like a turbo on it for merging on the freeway. The way I would use one of these is to drive to the trail, do my trail run and drive home, so it needs to be able to handle regular driving conditions too.

But what about the brakes? :dunno:

You can already get the HEMI powered TJ & JK and a truck-styled TJ (called the Brute) from AEV.
company website

When off roading you use your engine compression and gears for 90% of your braking.

When I was learning the drive offroad, I was told to drive down steep hills with both feet flat on the floor, with the transmission in 1st and the transfer case in low, not touching any pedals.

Yup, me too. However, on some roads you still have to use brakes for the higher speed stuff.

I disagree with you about the new Wrangler (it's actually the JK, not the TJ) ...
I was saying that I'd like a TJ with the 2.8 diesel, not calling a JK a TJ. I'm sure that the new JK is the most offroad capable, stock vehicle you can get, for the price. I never said it wasn't. But it's taller, wider and heavier than the '90s Cherokee. That's a big ass Wrangler, and I don't like it.