More Chrysler models on the chopping block?

the commander is just a Cherokee with a bigger body.

they should Axe the Demon even though it hasn't started production :lol:

The Commander is god-awful.

First, it's terribly ugly, it's headlamps make it look like it's some sort of mouth-breather of the automotive world. The interior... well if the cheap plastics and fake rivet marks weren't enough to key you in that it was bad, I dunno what will. Then the 3rd row seating is incapable of holding anyone over 5'5". The seats were uncomfortable and I was just not a nice place to be. Blind hit it on the nose.

How about this for a review:

I've seen it, I don't like it. The interior is crap, the "grab handles" on either side of the tail gate are made of cheap clamshell plastic that flex and pinch whenever you try to use them.

These numbers are decidedly below average for the class:
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2008-jeep-commander.htm

Oh, and then there's this one:
http://www.autoblog.com/2005/03/23/2006-jeep-commander/

How about one from USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2005-08-25-commander_x.htm

How about this Mopar Man. It's ok that you like it. That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't make it a good car.

Look, Mopar Kid, just because you're a fan of Chrysler (for some godawful reason that I don't want to know about) doesn't mean you have to be the stalwart defender of all their mediocre, shoddy letdown products. More importantly, you don't have to push their marketing division down our throats because we're not all rabid single-minded fanboys who blindly pledge allegiance to a company's brilliance and sod the rest.

You really can't be as close-minded as you come off as.

How about this Mopar Man. It's ok that you like it. That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't make it a good car.

Yes it does too. :mrgreen:

Must be the funny-ass commercials that have brainwashed me. lol.

[YOUTUBE]KAo340ky99s[/YOUTUBE]

Same with the 300C (but that is a car we can all agree is very good)

[YOUTUBE]f-epQKU4upc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Those commercials aren't even funny. It's easily the worst commercial I've ever seen. Just because you think it's great, doesn't mean that it is. IF you wanted to defend Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, at least have the decency to pick the right one.

2001_cherokee_history.jpg

This is a real Jeep.

commander.jpg

This isn't.

Last edited:
Yes it does too. :mrgreen:

Must be the funny-ass commercials that have brainwashed me. lol.

Dear God, you seriously thought those mangled pieces of garbage were funny?! You must be more retarded than any of us here thought.

I hope you're leading us on. For the sake of humanity, I'll gladly accept having the wool pulled over my eyes as long as no member of the human race has such bad taste in everything.

Soooooo....those cars are for people who are so stupid they can't tell their asses from a hole in the ground? Nothing against those cars, but those commercials are stupid, borderline painfull.

You've got to be kidding me?

Stupid gangster styling which i'll admit was cool to start with (but has aged horribly), cheap ugly interior, rubbish brakes, floaty suspension.. I could go on.

I always loved this Dodge commercial. Never cared much for the car, just a rebadged Jeep Liberty, but a funny ad.

[YOUTUBE]1sWF0Ykc7H8[/YOUTUBE]

Well this is good.

[YOUTUBE]1mGS79tLFeY[/YOUTUBE]

Dear God, you seriously thought those mangled pieces of garbage were funny?! You must be more retarded than any of us here thought.

I hope you're leading us on. For the sake of humanity, I'll gladly accept having the wool pulled over my eyes as long as no member of the human race has such bad taste in everything.

If those commercials are true, maybe the stories about the V8 Vantage weren't lies.....:think:

My god, I leave the thread for a few minutes and it turns into a marketing department circle-jerk.

This isn't about the commercials (which don't just suck, but are downright insulting), it's about the vehicle. No, I don't agree the 300C is a "very good car," hell, I would be hard pressed to admit it was just a mediocre car.

How ironic, this is the first commercial I've seen the Toyota Avalon having reasonable screen time in a commercial. Toyota has done a pretty lousy job in advertising the Avalon as if they forgot they're supposed to sell them. Having been inside both cars, the very first thing that guy should notice(if he wasn't being paid by Chrysler) between the 300C and Avalon is the Avalon's interior is actually quite good while the 300C's interior is extremely cheap and nasty in comparison. Frankly every Avalon had a better interior than the 300C. Honestly if the Avalon was fun to drive and becomes RWD, I think it would be superior to the 300C in almost every way.

Except for its pitiful engine power.

Congratulations, they put a pickup truck engine in a fullsize sedan. Of course it will have more power than a sedan engine.

Too bad the Avalon's V6 produces more horsepower than any of the V6 engines offered in the 300C. You have to pay for the truck engine before you can get the 300C up above the Avalon in power. Also, the Avalon's V6 is very sophisticated, especially compared to the pushrods on the 300C V6. Of course you could always step down to the 2.7L EER motor with DOHC - the one that was chewing through timing chains and having oil problems for a while.

Just because the 5.7L HEMI V8 was first introduced in the 2003 Dodge Ram does not mean it is a truck engine, incase you have forgotten, all HEMI engines of the muscle car era were in cars.

Also the Avalon's V6 has only 13 more horsepower than Chrysler's 3.5L Powertech V6.

Might I add that Chryslers 3.5L V6 was first introduced in 1993, whereas the 3.5L V6 Toyota GR engine was introduced in 2002. So a 9 year gap between the engines and Toyota only managed to squeeze 13 more horsepower from their engine than Chryslers aging Powertech. Yea, real impressive alright.

Last edited: