DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Enjoy.

:bow: :bow: :bow: to you sir!

Love the van plates :D

Dont take this the wrong way Bubs, but would you consider yourself a bit of an old soul? Or just eccentric? :) Reason I ask, is because your age doesnt jive with your automotive taste. In fact, it is refreshing to see this, rather than stereotypes.

Whatever the case, you have a very cool taste in vehicles. I can also envision you driving a Fiat 500.

Last edited:
Dont take this the wrong way Bubs, but would you consider yourself a bit of an old soul? Or just eccentric? :) Reason I ask, is because your age doesnt jive with your automotive taste. In fact, it is refreshing to see this, rather than stereotypes.

Whatever the case, you have a very cool taste in vehicles. I can also envision you driving a Fiat 500.

No offense taken, I would consider myself just a tad eccentric. Although I wouldn't be driving the Shagwagon if it weren't for the Subaru 2.2 engine swap. I got the same reaction from a different forum when I posted: "Getting my license soon; Seeking '80s Toyota Van". The van is just awesome for road trips and loading it with friends, though. The 360 is incredibly fun despite having only 25 horsepower thanks to the magic of 50mph snap-oversteer. :lol:

I always liked the Vanogan; a nice clean setup. Never did end up owning one. What advantages does the Subie engine swap bring? Did you keep the VW 4 speed gearbox?

Steve

I dunno if you care or not but you may want to edit the plates on the 360. On-Topic: Interesting choice of cars. The closest I got to driving a 360 is GranTurismo 4. 25 hp eh? At least you're guaranteed never to get caught speeding...

I always liked the Vanogan; a nice clean setup. Never did end up owning one. What advantages does the Subie engine swap bring? Did you keep the VW 4 speed gearbox?

Steve

The engine swap makes the van much more powerful (130hp instead of 90), and it is also much more reliable than the watercooled 1.9l because the heads aren't defective. It has loads of torque and can keep up with traffic easily. It feels like the engine should have been in there when it rolled out the factory doors. The 4 speed gearbox is still there, and is geared for 90 horsepower so the revs are pretty high up but it helps keep the engine cool because more water is circulating. It can still reach close to 100mph despite being shaped like a shead. Even gas mileage improves from 14-20 on the 1.9 to 20-25 in the 2.2 Legacy motor. :mrgreen: