More rubbish car shows out there...

Deanodriver

@ .au
Car(s)
Holden Barina... whatever it was cheap :)
I was given a link to a new Aussie car show, and watched a few of the clips on their site, quite simply, it's god-awful.

http://www.carsales.com.au/testdrive/index.html

The 'reviews' read like they're going off the press release, and the comparisons are heavily biased (like comparing the Ford Territory Turbo with the Porsche 911, with none of the comparisons involving performance). They're more like infomercials.

I seriously expected to be offered a freebie if I ordered in the next fifteen minutes with my credit card, or two for the price of one.

Have a look at some of the videos in video vault and this week's episode (only two so far, but that's two too many).
There's an email address for the show, too, maybe it's worth letting them know what people think.

ooo ch9 that's bound to last :rolleyes:
The presenter line up doesn't make sense, 2 of 5 presenter have some sort of knowledge on cars, the other just seem like they are there for work. At least the Car show, had journos from car magazines and a racer/enthusiast, didn't make it better but still....

The ESP was bad, he shouldn't be racing if he couldn't hold that with esp off.....:p
They also failed to mention the Fuel consumption on the Territory :p, I know it's written there, but who reads while watching tele.

Last edited:
Holy shit that was bad, it was like a 5 minute ad...

What these people are doing is acting like a dealer. Its a TV show and they should be getting to the 'heart' of the matter IMHO.

I had to quit after 2 minutes, it was too bad, the part with the ground clearance was so bloody stupid as said before just like in an infomercial. Of to put it the other way, product placement at its best.

And ESP?!?! that sth really NEW.....wooohooooooooooo

I felt like I was falling over when I was watching the ESP video.

I think the Territory vs 911 test was the most ridiculous. To those that can't be stuffed clicking the link, they're comparing a Ford Territory Turbo (a 330hp softroader 4WD thing) against a Porsche 911. The tests to 'compare' the two include:

1) Trying to drive the Porsche onto and along a cobbled road. Of course an SUV with high ground clearance is going to be better, it's stupid.

2) Reversing the cars around a roundabout and parking it in a gap. The Territory has a reversing camera, and hence it wins that 'test'.

3) Loading the two up with people. Since the Porsche can only carry two people, the Territory wins again.

It's the most stupid test I have ever seen in my life. How relevant is any of that stuff to a person considering a Porsche 911 anyway?

Monty Python must be behind this. It's too absurd to be real :D

I watched this (or as much as I could bare) on Sunday or Saturday ... I don't remember ... it was one of those weekends, and I have to admit, hungover or not, that while they were doing the 'test' of the Cayman S, If I were there, the commentator would have been shot and killed, or worse yet, be made to listen to a recording of himself. He was coming up with the most ridiculously crap mutterings of what is apparently what you talk about when commenting on a lap time. Not to mention, they honestly believed that a Cayman S could possibly come close to the lap of a Gallardo ..... I mean .... CMON

On behalf of the Australians, I'd just like to apologise for this product of our country. I'm sorry you won't get you five minutes back.

Whoever's making this - stop, just stop now.

On behalf of the Australians, I'd just like to apologise for this product of our country. I'm sorry you won't get you five minutes back.

Whoever's making this - stop, just stop now.

There's an email link on their site, maybe it's worth letting them know what we think?

At least, until they remove it , because they don't like what they'll hear :p

You DONT like to throw a nice car around ?! WTF are they talking on the ESP video ??!!

Holden HSV is fine, but if thats a fucking sportscar, you should be giving it the beans and see how FINE a Aussie no-finesse slide is !

God damn, do you even have to tell people you have raced cars for over 10 years now... Even Plato doesnt do that.

That was horrible! :blowup:

You DONT like to throw a nice car around ?! WTF are they talking on the ESP video ??!!

Holden HSV is fine, but if thats a fucking sportscar, you should be giving it the beans and see how FINE a Aussie no-finesse slide is !

God damn, do you even have to tell people you have raced cars for over 10 years now... Even Plato doesnt do that.

that's not a HSV, that's a regular SS commodore (eg what a Pontiac g8 is)

what a bunch of "pooftas!"

is that right or do i need to go sit in the corner?

anybody have a link to the Cayman review, that one sounds bad but i can't find it on the site

Last edited: