Morgan 3 Wheeler, KTM X-Bow, Caterham R500 Comparison Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
This hasn't been discussed much, if at all here, but this image on TG's website confirms that there will be a comparison piece between the Morgan 3 Wheeler, KTM X-Bow, and the Caterham R500 in the new series.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/sneak-preview-gallery-top-gear-series-18-2012-1-20?imageNo=4

670x377Image.jpg

On the basis of what we've seen so far, this is the film I'm most looking forward to this series. I was squeebling like a bugger about it last night, because I'm a huge fan of those little Morgans, but that's an interesting field of comparison too. Also, that's a beautiful shot :)

Am I the only one who thinks that there is Ariel Atom missing? But, of course, they are only three. And, although it has been featured two times, the X-bow has never been driven in Top Gear.

Am I the only one who thinks that there is Ariel Atom missing?

Not me. What I think was missing was the BAC Mono. Of course, that might be on tap for this series.

How does the Morgan fit in there? Two high-performance track day cars, and, I don't even know what the Morgan is exactly, but I can't imagine it being even closely as fast as the two others ;)

For real? In that case, I'm very much looking forward to seeing that thing bending the laws of physics :D

For real? In that case, I'm very much looking forward to seeing that thing bending the laws of physics :D

They're a bit mental and brilliant - they've got about 115bhp but they weigh next to nothing and they're powered by V-twin engines. The top speed's about 125mph, but they're also chuckable in the right hands. For me personally they were the stars of Top Gear Live last year:

I want one!

If you saw the "coming in this series" video from 18x01, you know EXACTLY why the Morgan is in this comparo.

"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!"

About time they did the X-Bow on the show - can't wait for that review.

I've driven that thing - and have been thrashed around in it by a race-driver - and it really is like nothing else on the road. If only it wasn't so bloody expensive and impractical. Even a Caterham is a sensible choice compared to the X-Bow ..:D

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.