Unveiled: Morgan EV

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300

I'm so very confused; is it a turn of the century wooden wagon or a modern electric car?

I got it - it's hipster bait. And, to be honest, I think it looks like a riot and I would put one in my garage as a toy. It certainly won't replace a car, but it will compete with motorcycles for the open-air fun.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
What is that weird center but not centered headlamp for? It would look better with the gaping mouth or a closed off angle that resembles a torpedo. Another thing is that now it reminds me of a K1 go kart, not an actual vehicle that you could drive on the road.

Personally, I'd rather have the three-wheeler. I want the RAF livery and burble-y engine hanging off the front. I want to feel like an old timey airplane pilot.

GRtak

Forum Addict
It is a three wheeler. I do agree it would look better looking more like a torpedo though.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I like it, I'd probably drive that to work every day in the summer...

I'd probably drive the V-twin powered one too, somebody buy one for me.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I am not sleeping well again, so I went looking for things and found this version I like better.

Probably only a few real differences, but the thing is striking.

EDIT:

There is also a junior version available through Selfridges.

Last edited:

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
Ohhh yes. Missing out on the soundtrack is a little sad, but hey... Robert Llewellyn seems to enjoy the (prototype) machine very much!

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
I like this, a lot of prewar styling nods, and to be quite honest, looks a more authentic nod to a prewar car than the 3-wheeler with the engine.

A friend of mine had a modern 3-wheeler and found it very unreliable though, so here's hoping this is better.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I like the off-center headlight. It's like a jaunty cigar in the corner of a Lancaster bombardier's mouth.