• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Most emotional/inspiring/moving songs you've heard?

AdvanTech

Well, in keeping with the site's purpose, I watched the TG Winter Olympics Special recently, and when Kobresia - Biosphere played I couldn't help but feel moved by it. Anyone know what I mean? Anyone know songs that have that kind of effect? Would love to hear more of this. :)

Will

Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber.

I cannot find the actual song anywhere however.

Also the theme song from Band of Brothers gets to me.

Why dont you guys provide a yousendit.com link for these songs as well? i want to know what you guys are talking about.

This is the Band of Brothers theme song.

s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=206DM85YDV5IK2FYIEJLPVI6VA

As I said in my other post, I can't find Adagio for Strings anywhere, only techno rips, which are crap. Maybe somebody has it?

jayjaya29 said:
As I said in my other post, I can't find Adagio for Strings anywhere, only techno rips, which are crap. Maybe somebody has it?

I had a classical guitar/symphony version somewhere

jayjaya29 said:

I've got it, lemme make a Yousendit.

Edit: OK, uploading now. It's a biggie, 10MB, 9:59 long. One of my favorite pieces, straight off the Homeworld soundtrack.

^ Remove the http:// the link will last longer ;)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
jayjaya29 said:

Edit: OK, uploading now. It's a biggie, 10MB, 9:59 long. One of my favorite pieces, straight off the Homeworld soundtrack.

Wow, thank you so much, I wouldn't expect anybody here to have this amazing track. Once again, thank you so very much.

"We Are The Champions" by Queen

No, just kidding :lol: That song sucks.....

umm, it's mostly Christian songs that really move me. I listen to all kinds of music, but those songs stir my soul. For instance: "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes Braveheart style.

Adigo For Strings is great. Was sooooo good in homeworld. In more popular music I love Don't Speak by No Doubt, Let It Be by The Beatles, Just Looking by The Stereophonics and Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve as emotional songs. If anyone wants any of them ask. All easily available ;).

jayjaya29 said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
jayjaya29 said:

Wow, thank you so much, I wouldn't expect anybody here to have this amazing track. Once again, thank you so very much.

No problem, I'm just glad I could help out a guy with good taste in music. 8)

I don't have any songs that get to me, but this girl I know cryed the first time she heard Something Corporate - Konstantine. It's a long song, 9 minutes and 35 seconds, but its quite good. Although I prefer Straw Dog (Live In London).

Boy, this is a toughy.

I am a big fan of classical, and there are so many songs that move me to even list.

I guess one that sticks in my head right now is "Claire De Lune" by Claude DeBussy. It would make a hardened criminal cry like a girl.

A little more modern would be "Moon Over The Castle" by Masahiro Ando.

jayjaya29 said:
...the beginning of homeworld...absolutely moving...

which version did you get now? there is adagio for strings, which is as the name says for strings...and there is agnus dei, the choral...i think in homeworld they used the choral.
i've got both versions...

hm, the other songs i found most moving are mostly from german independant bands...

'sch?nheit der chance' by tomte, 'hi freaks' by tocotronic, 'durch die nacht f?llt schnee' and 'hamburg, 8?, regen' by rantanplan, 'my youngest son' by eric bogle and slime, 'academy' by kettcar.

ryosuke said:
jayjaya29 said:

which version did you get now? there is adagio for strings, which is as the name says for strings...and there is agnus dei, the choral...i think in homeworld they used the choral.

Beserker gave me the strings version, which is the one I've been looking for. If you want to upload the choir one, I'll take it too.

I also have to thank Beserker again for providing this song. I have been looking for it since I first heard it a few years ago.

How To Survive In South Central - Ice Cube
it was on the "Boyz In the Hood" soundtrack

jayjaya29 said:
ryosuke said:
jayjaya29 said:

Beserker gave me the strings version, which is the one I've been looking for. If you want to upload the choir one, I'll take it too.

I also have to thank Beserker again for providing this song. I have been looking for it since I first heard it a few years ago.
s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QP0BHVH22W7O2YZDKSCIU46OV
;)

Greatgraddage said:
Adigo For Strings is great. Was sooooo good in homeworld. In more popular music I love Don't Speak by No Doubt, Let It Be by The Beatles, Just Looking by The Stereophonics and Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve as emotional songs. If anyone wants any of them ask. All easily available ;).

i want them :)