MotoGP is great, but World Superbike is amazing!

Capacious Boot

Car(s)
'03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Wow! After watching the first two Moto GP races I was wondering when World Superbike was gonna start. Lo and behold, it had already started and I had missed the first two rounds.

Once I got them downloaded, I was in for a real treat. The competition is amazing! Much more exciting than MotoGP and there are twice as many races.

At the end of one of the races, they looked at Max Biaggi's bike and there was a big part of the fairing where he had scraped the paint off while dueling with Toseland. You don't see that kind of action in Moto GP. Awesome.

I've been downloading the races from http://www.racing-underground.com
if anybody is interested.

Very impressive riding from the emporer in the first race, started on the second row, had a terrible start, fought his way up to third place.:woot:

Shame about Bayliss, hope he's ok.

Second race starting soon:)

Crap, last corner :mad: an epic battle between Biaggi and Haga, how could he go so wide...:cry:

Last edited:
It's being reported that Bayliss has lost the top two joints of his little finger on his right hand. Not good.

OW.

It always amazes me that these guys race with some pretty gnarly injuries. Broken hands, fingers, feet, collarbones, etc.

Did anybody hear what happened to Toseland's bike in the second race? That really sucked for him, and it is pretty rare for the Honda's to have technical failures. Sure tightened up the championship though!

Maybe this is old news, but I don't think it has been posted here.

Milestone studios that gave us the best motorcycle game ever, Superbike 2001, are back with Superbike 2007:woot:

SBK07 has all the riders, bikes and tracks from the 2007 season.

Some pictures:
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Which one uses traction control? Isn't it World Superbike?

Both World Superbike and MotoGP use traction control now.

^how stupid is that? traction control on a bike! what's next? ABS?

^how stupid is that? traction control on a bike! what's next? ABS?

It's a racing series, so it helps get the very best lap times out of them - especially when you work out the power-to-weight ratio of a MotoGP machine.

There's bikes with ABS now too.

(Ignore me if I missed sarcasm - my sarcasmometer is in the shop)

ABS is even nicer to have on a bike than in a car, as locking the wheels in a car is much less risky than locking the wheels on a bike.

oh yeah that's right, the SBK circus is in town next week. :)
Changed from September to make place for the Champcars...if that'll ever happen.