MotoGP [possible spoilers]

Mugello Moto3 race was completely insane. I don't usually follow Moto3, but watched this one live on TV, and so glad I did.

Sad news today, Luis Salom died today following a crash in free practice at Barcelona :(

I have not seen a lot of information, but it seems it's a single rider incident.

who wants to take on a bet that rossi doesn't finish the year?
if vinales keeps outperforming him during the year as he did during testing, i don't see him continuing for much longer...

Last edited:
who wants to take on a bet that rossi doesn't finish the year?
if vinales keeps outperforming him during the year as he did during testing, i don't see him continuing for much longer...

In spite of the last race, I'll take that bet. The old dog is still very much in it.

Nick Hayden is hit by a car while training on his bicycle and is in critical condition

http://www.beinsports.com/us/worldsbk/news/nicky-hayden-in-critical-condition-after-bein/542730

He didn't make it. :(

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/22/motorsport/nicky-hayden-dead-motogp-cycling-italy/

Dovi! Dovi! Dovi!

What a finish! That was awesome!
First time I've been yelling at my TV for motor GP :D

And glad to see Iannone back up there....

But remember the beginning of the season? When it looked vinales would run away with the championship? Seems like a long time ago...

Last edited:
After being away from MotoGP, i'm back watching it again! And it's awesome!

Front tire rubbing on Rossi.
22555097_10156231207545769_8548008182177418942_n.jpg

https://motomatters.com/news/2018/06...sol_honda.html

i didn't see that one coming :shock:

i think management had a brainstorm session "how can we make marc the most popular figure of the team?"
ditch the popular one, and hire someone even more unpopular!

but doesn't lorenzo need a very stable, planted, consistent bike to win?
the honda is anything but...

Last edited:
It'll definitely be an interesting adventure for all involved, but I don't think it's a surefire failure.

For one, the Ducati is also anything but stable, planted, or consistent, and he just handily obliterated the whole field, including his far-more-experienced-and-successful-on-the-same-bike teammate. Crutchlow has been taught for much of his career to ride like Lorenzo, and he's also been decently successful on the Honda.

It's possible the finesse Lorenzo has, which may very well be second to none, will help him tame the Honda. After all, Pedrosa is no more predisposed to do well on it, and overall he certainly has.

I also think that a confident Lorenzo is a force to be reckoned with, regardless of the bike he's riding. When he's down, he's nowhere to be found, but when he's up, watch out for the holeshot. Never underestimate a card-carrying alien.

And yes, part of my optimism is hope. I don't necessarily like him, but i love great competition in the sport, and any challenger to Marquez is a welcome thing at this point.

After all, who are other title contenders for 2019? Rossi and Viñales, maybe Dovizioso again, and that's probably it. Zarco is great, but the KTM will probably need a few more years to really be up there. Suzuki has talent joining, but neither the riders nor the bike are of that caliber (yet). Petrucci is a nice guy, but I don't see him contending for the title. Same for Pol Espargaro. Aprilia is only nominally closer to running at the front than I am. Satellites are too second-fiddle generally, and independent teams are filler. (If Pedrosa somehow lands on a factory-supported satellite Yamaha, I expect him to do well, but probably not that well.)

With Lorenzo on a competitive bike that makes for five realistic title contenders on three different bikes. Importantly, he'll have access to the bike that's effectively dominated for years now.

So... wow. We haven't watched consistently for a few years (basically after Laguna was dropped from the schedule), but what a race! Holy shitballs - I held my breath until the last sec. :)

And Turn 1 at the start of Moto2 was the usual prison riot....

i don't understand yamaha.
they haven't had any decent performance for 3 years now
and they don't do anything to change it??

i get they don't want to change the complete architecture of the engine, because it would take 2 years to get on top of it
but sticking with the same underpowerd POS while everyone around them is gaining power and driveability won't work either!!

and it's not like they brought some aero gimmicks or other specials like the swingarm or holeshot device on the ducati.
how do they expect to get back to the front? or are they just waiting for dona to introduce spec bikes?

good thing they still have rossi, who would probably still keep up if he was driving a 50cc :D

Last edited:
I think they were assuming Rossi would win on an underpowered machine by making up time in the corners under braking, he's done it before, but not with this much of a handicap.

unless he's realy lucky i fear rossi won't win any more races :(

apparently Aprilia, Honda, KTM and Suzuki lodge a protest against ducatti for their new aero devices
i hope he gets to keep his win! that ducatti get's to keep the appandages or not, i don't care...