Motor Authority: "Top Gear ?professional? crashes Lambo"

If you hit a pothole and your car veers off the road and you end up on the grass, that's a crash. That's basically what The Stig did.

Actually, AWD gives you more grip, but it also means when you push the car to it's limits, and it let's go, you're going quite fast, which - along with the fact that you'll probably lose traction on all four wheels - means that it might get hard controlling.

And if you think about it, a Lambo has so much grip, the speed must have been extremely high. The Stig has very good car controle, but everybody makes mistakes. If me dad can hit a fance at 2mph, the stig can crash at a hundred billion.

:tease:

If you hit a pothole and your car veers off the road and you end up on the grass, that's a crash. That's basically what The Stig did.

If I just span off and hit nothing else that is not a crash by my definition or by the dictionary definition.

I know, but he wrecked the car!
Anyway, about the 4x4 thing: a four wheel drive has more grip, but it lets go more abruptly.

To me "wrecked" means disintegration to some degree; bumper knocked off, broken glass, wheels fell off, etc.

dents & scratches != wreck

To me "wrecked" means disintegration to some degree; bumper knocked off, broken glass, wheels fell off, etc.

dents & scratches != wreck

I don't think that description really works, it's too broad. Someone throws a brick at your windscreen and breaks it, that isn't a crash. In order to have a crash, your car has to collide with another standing object such as a pole, wall or another car.

Are we STILL discussing this?
:wall:

They're probably upset over all the innocent blades of grass that were trampled in the "high-speed accident". *kicks them*

must be the Environmentalists :mrgreen:

must be the Environmentalists :mrgreen:
Really, I was under the impression Motor Authority was a motoring page, not an enviromental page. :p

Last edited:
you would think..LOL

^There are dubble agents, you know :p

^There are dubble agents, you know :p
Yeah, according to them a spin and slide = a crash and mud = wrecked, which to an Italian may be true. All I have to say is I've crashed and wrecked my car a lot. :p

And if you think about it, a Lambo has so much grip, the speed must have been extremely high. The Stig has very good car controle, but everybody makes mistakes. If me dad can hit a fance at 2mph, the stig can crash at a hundred billion.

:tease:

If your dad hit a fence at 2mph...he's an idiot. :p

I'm just playin'...your dad is my hero

Backing out of my aunts driveway while me mum was shouting at him to get his attention with the car full of the crap we were gonna move to me aunts new flat, everbody can bump their car. :tease:

If he spun and hit nothing and didn't bang up the car, then the article is overblown.

On the other hand, if the off tore up the car (other than getting it dirty) then trying to semantic our way out of it "it's not a crash if he didn't hit anything" just makes the pro-TG crowd look like fools.

The article contains the words "bashed up" in it. "Bashed up" in a spin is not trivial.

Steve

Do the world a favor, buy yourself a dictionary. Infact buy 2, send one to the 'tards who wrote this article.

The definition of wreck
to cause the ruin or destruction of: to wreck a car.

The definition of crash
(of moving vehicles, objects, etc.) to collide, esp. violently and noisily.
to break into pieces violently and noisily; shatter.

What The Stig did was neither. The car spun, and landed in some grass. The article did not state any damage to the vehicle.

edit: Didn't notice the "bashed up" part. Either way, I bet the CCX had more damage done. The car companies know what they are getting into when they send TG a car.

Last edited:
Didn't the article call the car "bashed up." If that is the case, maybe it was a crash. If not, it is typical sensationalizing.

I bet it wasn't and those "eye witnesses" weren't actually real. The Koenigzegg wasn't that badly damaged and it even hit some tyres!