Motor Authority: "Top Gear ?professional? crashes Lambo"

Wow, it spun out. How often has that happened? :lol:

Okay... how exactly is that a crash? Did it roll over?

Man, these people really need to get some lives. That is NOT a crash and it is just hate mongers doing what they do best.

This comes just months after the famous 288mph crash by co-host Richard Hammond in a Vampire dragster

288 mph? From whose ass did this number spring? Last I heard he was doing closer to 215 mph at the time of the crash.

Oh, and an off isn't a crash you bunch of nancy boys.

They're probably upset over all the innocent blades of grass that were trampled in the "high-speed accident". *kicks them*

OMG :shock:

These people really need to get a life if they don't have anything better to do than write stuff like that :rolleyes:

288 mph? From whose ass did this number spring? Last I heard he was doing closer to 215 mph at the time of the crash.

He managed a top speed of 288, but I believe he braked before the crash, so yes, 215 sounds more realistic.

So another problem with the LP640. I am wondering if Lambo can produce them fast enough. They seem to crash rather often. All of them were press and test cars.
11murcielago_20061023_005.jpg

They killed some grass & moss probably.

This story appeared in the Daily Mirror yesterday - they tried to make it sound real dramatic, when it's obviously just the kind of off that happens all the time - there are obviously some sections of the media who have it in for Top Gear.

It was a crash. Starting to aquaplane at 200mph at spinning out wrecking the car, is a crash. And Vette Boss, if what you say is true, Richard Hammond did not crash.

It was a crash. Starting to aquaplane at 200mph at spinning out wrecking the car, is a crash. And Vette Boss, if what you say is true, Richard Hammond did not crash.
I hink the difference is that in a spin out the motor stays on its wheels, in Hamsters case it turned over (possibly because of a blowout :sad: ).

Last edited:
You know what, we should make a video of ALL the times the Stig has spun on the track, and send it to the caffe latte drinking modern and urban people. :tease:

Edit: Who thinks we should get info about when Motor Authority tests cars on tracks? And wait until THEY have a crash? :p

Last edited:
This is kind of stupid. One of the advantages of having a track surrounded by fields is that the car does not crash into anything if it spins out. The car should have flipped or be badly damaged for it to be called a crash.

So the car spun. Then came harmlessly to a stop. On an airfield.

Stop press...