Motor Authority: "Top Gear ?professional? crashes Lambo"

Bah who cares if Motor Authority want to embaress them selves with stupid stories, I'm more psyched about the 640 in next season! that car is godly!

The problem is, someone might listen to them. :)

I hink the difference is that in a spin out the motor stays on its wheels, in Hamsters case it turned over (possibly because of a blowout :sad: ).

So you are telling me that if your driving 200mph and you soin your car 50 times and hit the wall 20 times in the process (and i'm not saying the stig did this), you are not crashing? Of course it's a crash. Talk to the Stig, I think he'll call it a crash.

If you hit the wall, that is a crash. But a off at very high speed, is in my mind, a crash.

But if it doesn't hurt anyone, I would not exagerate it as done here.

Off =! Crash
Spin =! Crash
Roll = Crash
Coming into contact with static stationary retention device (wall) = Crash
Coming into contact with major flora (tree) = Crash
Car suffers minor cosmetic damage but is drivable (=)(!=) Crash (may or may not be Crash)

^^^Thank you. You're right and that's the end of it.

So you are telling me that if your driving 200mph and you soin your car 50 times and hit the wall 20 times in the process (and i'm not saying the stig did this), you are not crashing? Of course it's a crash. Talk to the Stig, I think he'll call it a crash.

A crash is hitting something. Rolling is a crash because you're hitting the ground.

Bumping into a curb = Crash
Hitting a pothole = Crash
Running over a squirrel = Crash
Driving offroad = Crash
Doing a donut = Crash
Doing a burnout = Crash
Doing a powerslide = Crash
Placing a can of soda on your roof = Crash

Hitting a AMC Pacer with a dozer = luck.

So the car spun. Then came harmlessly to a stop. On an airfield.

Stop press...

Yeah, I mean the Stig has done worse than that and they aired it on the show! :D

EDIT: well, I guess the article implies that he went off into the grass, but Stiggy's done that as well.

Last edited:
A crash involves hitting something, official definition "(of moving vehicles, objects, etc.) to collide, esp. violently and noisily."

Someone needs a dictionary.

Idiots - so the car spun? Big deal, tends to happen when you're pushing a car to it's limits. I'm sure Ferruccio would approve of the car being pushed that hard.

You guys are all ignoring the worse thing- the hotlap for the LP640 will evidently be a wet lap, so we won't be seeing what the car can *really* do.

why the hell are they bitching about this, did anyone bitch about the CCX crash..not that i know of...but YESSS they tested thj LP640!!!!, they better redo the lap on a freakin dry track tho!D=

If he would have simply spun, it would not have been a crash, but he hit the grass, wrecking the car. When you wreck a car, you were in a crash.

If he would have simply spun, it would not have been a crash, but he hit the grass, wrecking the car. When you wreck a car, you were in a crash.

So a stone flicks up off another car and craks the windscreen that means I was in a crash? Or I hit a pothole and smash up the suspension?
The Stig had an "off" not a "crash".

why the hell are they bitching about this, did anyone bitch about the CCX crash..not that i know of...but YESSS they tested thj LP640!!!!, they better redo the lap on a freakin dry track tho!D=
That's because you need to be a petrolhead to have heard of a Swedish Supercar with 800bhp, while even me mum have heard of Lamborghini.