• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Motor Show: Daihatsu Costa

Overheat

Forum Addict
daihatsu-costa.jpg

A fun car, Daihatsu's modern take on the Mini Moke is a tiny jeep-style vehicle with open bodywork and no doors.

"Built on the concept of sandals", it has a wipe-down, waterproof interior, mesh-covered hammock-style seats and a wooden deck-style floor, yet it also has a serious four-wheel drive powertrain. It has the same 660cc, three-cylinder engine as in most Daihatsu models, turbocharged for a bit more boost.

Can we have one for our summer holidays, please? It's only a show car at the moment, but there has to be a market for this kind of thing in tourist resorts and sun-loving beach resorts.

Sandals.... I thought the Kombi was the seminal hippy car? Maybe we have a new one?

i can just imagine copping a hummer towpull or a landcruiser winch to the head...

flyingfridge said:
i can just imagine copping a hummer towpull or a landcruiser winch to the head...

Took me a while to fully comprehend that sentence - keep stopping at a certain point :p

:lmao: ROFL!! I never thought of that... :lmao:

"Built on the concept of sandals"

try saying that to your mates with a straight face.

fbc said:
flyingfridge said:

Took me a while to fully comprehend that sentence - keep stopping at a certain point :p

:lol: Gold. Love it.

And that car looks comical more than anything.