• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Motor Show: Lexus LF-A

Overheat

Forum Addict
lexus-lfa-f.jpg

We saw the LF-A super-coupe at the Detroit Motor Show last January, but we didn't know then what was under that long bonnet. Given that the LF-A was promised to have over 500bhp and the capability of doing over 200mph, it had to be something pretty special - and sure enough, it's got a V10 engine, developed from the engines used in Toyota's F1 cars (even though the F1 cars are going to V8s next year).

Though this engine is front-, rather than mid-mounted, the LF-A is, nonetheless, rear-wheel drive, and Lexus has assured that it will have "the ultimate weight balance", "extravagant comfort" and "precision operation." If that sounds ambitious, then remember that, in Detroit, the company named the Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430 and Aston Martin DB9 as the cars it planned to take on...

The philosophy behind the LF-A is to reflect Toyota's F1 prowess in a road-going model and while it hasn't been confirmed for production, its appearance again in Tokyo, now complete with engine, suggests that it could well be a goer.

Watch out, Porsche, Ferrari and Aston Martin: no-one thought the Lexus LS430 would be a serious rival for the big Mercedes or BMW saloons and look what happened there.

i hope they actually produce this thing. it looks good and is fast as hell and should also step up the bar on japanese cars

Ladies and Gentlemen. Introducing the worlds most boring supercar.

I saw a preview of it, and I do have to agree, it looks boring compared to other supercars.