Motorist told his England flag could be racist

Woo, yeah, England! Woo!!

If I were the guy I'd gladly take the flag down...and replace it with a sticker that says "If my flag offends you then go back to your own damn country.".

If I were the guy I'd gladly take the flag down...and replace it with a sticker that says "If my flag offends you then go back to your own damn country.".

Haha! Seriously, if you can't bring yourself to respect the flag then get out. If you prefer some other flag then go there

Is this a joke? [...]
Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer:
Daily-Express said:
[...]Chief Inspector Charlie Dibble, of Wiltshire Police, believed the issue was more likely to be one of road safety. He said: ?The officer asked him to remove the flag from his parcel shelf, where he admits it was covering his speakers. Road safety and the ability to have a clear view at all times of what is behind you is of great public importance. Officers are encouraged to take positive action in this regard and this would apply if there was any object obscuring the driver?s view.?
Much ado about nothing ... just some stubborn british bloke who ?s mad at the police and now try?s to get them some negative press because he was fined. Plays the "isn?t that unbelivable" Card ... on something that is indeed un-belivable and finally get?s the attention his ugly Vauxahll Corsa couldn?t get him :)

Last edited:
So... his speaker box was was blocking his view, but they only asked him to remove the flag covering the speaker box? Did removing that thin layer of fabric make a big difference?

Am I missing something here?

In most states you are only required to have the windscreen and front side windows unobstructed. You could paint the rest black and still be legal.

Well this is the picture from the article and if it was arranged this way when the officer pulled him over then I don't see how it could be obstructing his view. I mean it looks to be below the heighth of the rear seats.

image.php

I'm not sure who to believe here. It seems strange even for our police to do this, but that flag looks well out of the way.

Awesome, now we just need to get it on the list with the others.

In most states you are only required to have the windscreen and front side windows unobstructed. You could paint the rest black and still be legal.

As long as you have both wing mirrors.
If you have an older car with only a driver's side wing, the rear window must be unobstructed so you can use the rear-view.