mpeg4 to DVD

mr_diss

I want to put some mpeg4 files onto dvd (as normal dvd video) but nerovision won't decode them because of a licencing thing. So is there anything I can use to convert them to something more normal (avi, mpeg, whatever). I've tried virtualdubmod and tmpgenc but neither would do it. Any ideas?

Cheers

You need a DVD-mpeg plugin, then it should work.

Grab the full version of Nero Vision Express, does it no dramas, just add the divx/xvid/mpeg4 to the Nero window and follow the prompts, MUCH EASIER!

if that does not work try to use TMPEGnc... that should got you cover to convert the files to MPG2 and then put them into nerovision

With Nero Vision Express 3 (and it's MPEG2 plug-ins?), I don't have to convert anything. Just make a new project (it's all wizardy with big "Next" buttons etc.), add files (as in 4 episodes of Top Gear), give the episodes names, give the main menu a name, click Next, Next, Burn!

It really is that simple.

I used to use VirtualDub, TMPEGnc, and a host of other programs to do the audio/video extraction/conversion....but all that has gone now.

Yeah I'm using the newest version of Nerovision Express (3.1.0.7). But when I try and add a .mp4 file it says Unable to insert C:\wherever\whatever.mp4

Episodes of Top Gear and stuff work fine. But when I add them it says mpeg4 decoding isn't available and to get nero ultra edition (which i can't find, even when i click the link to "purchase it now"). They burn to dvd fine though 'cause they're not mpeg4 i guess.

So what plugin do I need for it? And where can i get it?

Cheers

So is there Nerovision and Nerovision express then?

How do I get the ultra upgrade then? There's nothing I can find on nero.com :?

It is not free software, so you won't find any upgrade on Nero's sites.

There is a host of Nero products, but you'll need Nero Vision Express and Nero Ultra Edition.

When I said Vision, I meant NeroVision Express. I don't think there is a Nero Vision version, there is a Nero Express and a NeroVision Express version. You want the NeroVision Express AND Nero Ultra

I've got visionexpress and all that.... So I just need to upgrade to Ultra i guess.... But even when you click "buy nero ultra edition now" it takes you to the nero website and there's no link :bangin:

I have nero vision xpress and all the plug ins... but i have some problem with some avis I cannot convert them to mpg... any Ideas... It always says that some part fo the fiels cannot be converted.... any ideas?

Thanks

I thy nero and alos tmpegnc... and Premiere... I can see the file ok on windos media.