MPH - NEED VOLUNTEERS. (From The Hamster Project)

LadyBella

Not A Dude
Car(s)
THE MILLENIUM WINDSTAR
Are you going to MPH '06, or do you live relatively close by? Are you easily excited? Do you have a video camera or some other recording device?

If you have all three of these qualifications, then you're exactly the person The Hamster Project (http://hamsterproject.livejournal.com/) needs! I won't lie, I was heartbroken when there weren't enough submissions to make a really good video. But with MPH coming up and the hundreds of people certain to attend, I feel the opportunity to get more people involved is overwhelmingly obvious.

Alas, I'm stuck here at the arse end of Canada, otherwise you bet I'd be down there with my camera all day getting people to talk. What I need, what the PROJECT needs, are other people to go down there and just get random people to say "get well soon!" in a 30-second-or-less message.

Please? Too many people have put in their time and effort to make this something wonderful. But it's just not enough to keep it afloat. I need help. I know we can do it. :)

The Hamster Project. It is a collection of video clips made by fans of TG and of Hammond, wishing him a speedy recovery. I have support from some, but I want it from many. I want to show this wonderful man and his family just how many people care.

(http://hamsterproject.livejournal.com/358.html)

If you click on the link above, it has all the rules and requirements necessary for the project to be a success. What it also needs is commitment, and knowledge of it. I have limited resources and cannot get the word out as wide as I would love, but this is where others can also help. Let's make this a group project to remember.

I would love to be able to offer my wishes to get well but the possibilty of getting this off the ground and running seems difficult. :(

Maybe a writtern version would be easier to get everyone's well wishes accross?

Anywho, it's a brilliant and lovely idea! :)

Oh I dunno.... seems fine to me. I've given people a week, all they have to do is come up with something and send me the raw footage. A friend of mine has then volunteered to burn it to DVD and actually send it to the studio, and I think that alone makes it worth trying. :)

People can do written ones if they want - I'd just love to try a visual one. :D

And thanks for the support. :) I think we could all use some around now.

LadyBella said:
PS: HEE! You live in Guilford, Surrey. I live in Surrey, beside Guilford district! *giggles*

Although I have a feeling we're thousands of miles apart! :)

It really is heartwarming to know so many people care about someone, in the huge response this forum has had about Richard, in this day and age! :)

From one enthusiast to another I really hope he fully recovers and is back on the track doing what he does best in no time. :cry: its bad enough steve erwin had to go early, i would hate to see another non american celeb go the same route.

It really is heartwarming to know so many people care about someone, in the huge response this forum has had about Richard, in this day and age!

It is! I'm only a baby petrolhead (having started watching TG six months ago & downloading ever since) and it was so nice to be around people during this time of crisis. It's the most loving fandom I've ever been in.

Niteriyder: I doubt that would happen. It was sad, what happened to Steve, but this is the Hamster we're talking about! ;)

this is a great idea, and welcome to the site.
It's good to have yet another west coaster posting

Great Idea!!

Ill try and get a raw vid together when i have time, i love the hampster and how he has a speed recovery.

PS I'm in White Rock

ha i am not to far - edmonton :)

i will try to do a video as well thanks for starting htat!

haha! Well I was hoping for the project to spread internationally, but damn, Canada's good too! :lol: So far I know I've got some from America, some from Canada, and some from Britain. It looks like this project's going to be a success.

i hope so! if there is anything you actually need mailed there i am going next friday and i can drop it off as soon as i land ... i dont know if htat would be a faster way for us NA people ....

or what we would send:S

bah i hate feeling useless

I know, biddy... thanks, but I have someone over there who can ship it for me, all I need do is file transfer it over and she can burn it. :)

I feel useless too. I mean, what can ya do when you're across the big water? That's kinda why I'm doing this, and trying to get others to contribute. The internet is the best medium in the world, after all. ;)