Unveiled: Mr. Bond's new ride: Aston Martin DB 10

dontblogaboutus

Fresh from the Bond 24 announcement:

DBten-web-news.jpg

4 December 2014, Gaydon: Aston Martin together with EON Productions, the producers of the James Bond film franchise, unveiled Bond?s stunning new car, the Aston Martin DB10, on the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios.

The luxury British sports car brand is delighted to confirm that James Bond will once again drive an Aston Martin in Spectre. On this occasion, it will be a model developed specifically for the film and built in-house by the brand?s design and engineering teams.

Led by Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman, the design team worked closely with the film?s director, Sam Mendes, to create the ultimate car for the world?s most famous spy.

Celebrating the great British brand?s half century with Bond, which started with the iconic DB5, the DB10 gives a glimpse to the future design direction for the next generation of Aston Martins.

Dr Andy Palmer, CEO of Aston Martin, said: ?In the same year that we celebrate our 50-year relationship with 007, it seems doubly fitting that today we unveiled this wonderful new sports car created especially for James Bond.

?To be partnering once again with EON Productions is great news for this company and for everyone around the world that loves to see Bond at the wheel of an Aston Martin.

?I?m incredibly proud of everyone in the team at Gaydon who have brought this special project from concept to reality.?

Production will be strictly limited to 10 of the bespoke sports cars, developed and built by the designers, engineers and highly skilled craftspeople at Aston Martin?s Gaydon headquarters.

Spectre is due for general release on 6 November 2015.

This is one ugly Aston Martin...

Looks just like a Vantage with different headlights:(

Wonder how many of the 10 are due to get trashed during filming?

They'll use mockups, like they did for the DB5 destruction in Skyfall. Expect a lot of used Fieros being bought by the special effects people.

Fair point. Does make me scratch my head a bit as to what toys the car might come equipped with given Q's line in Skyfall "What did you expect, an exploding pen?"

They'll use mockups, like they did for the DB5 destruction in Skyfall. Expect a lot of used Fieros being bought by the special effects people.

From the related article in Autocar

Aston Martin chief executive Andy Palmer revealed that the DB10 would be made in a run of 10 units, all of which are expected to be used in the film's production rather than be offered for sale. "The most exclusive DB ever", is how Palmer described it. "It's 10 cars total run - let's hope James Bond doesn't wreck them all!" he added.

I don't believe a single word.

I don't believe a single word.

Well they seem to wreck an average of 5 Astons per movie these days so that takes care of half of them. One each to give to Mendes and Craig as souvenirs plus one for the Bond in Motion exhibition and a couple of travelling promotional cars and that's the production run taken care of.

Am I the only one who sees a new Miata Coupe here?

I don't like how close the rear wheel looks to the back. The nose is also a bit weird.

It looks 'cleaner' and it certainly is recognizably Aston Martin, but it looks like an early sketch of a car, before the design is refined into production. The belt line looks like it was the first sweeping pencil stroke and it was just left as is.

I don't like how close the rear wheel looks to the back. The nose is also a bit weird.

Thats basically exactly what I feel upon initial inspection of the photo..

On a second look, I am quite a lot reminded of the Maserati Granturismo, but not as good looking..

Last edited:
The back is a bit short and I agree with Bretton in that the beltline should do something before the windows so it's not so linear. (visibility also looks tragic as a result)

The wheels look fantastic however and even if the grille is a bit large, at least the nose drops low enough to not exacerbate it; how does a nose that low meet regulations anyway, don't they have laws requiring some percentage of the front be plastic?

Reminds me of the Noble M14.

1333870131795.gif

Hey, nice Marcos
pic01.jpg

Car suits Bond; showey but somehow in a totally generic and bland way.