Ownership Verified: Mrs Stiggie's Hyundai i30

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
My wife and I have just taken delivery of our new car. It is a Hyundai i30 Active in Dazzling Blue. It is replacing her old 1993 Holden Nova, which was a Toyota Corolla sold as a Holden. As well as being Mrs Stiggie's daily driver, it will also take over from our 2003 Ford Focus as the car we use when we go anywhere together. That is, until the Golf GTI we have ordered to replace the Focus arrives in May 2014.

i30 004.jpg
i30 003.jpg
i30 005.jpg
With my Focus-
i30 006.jpg

And the formalities-
i30 002.jpg

Congrats!

I had one for a week while the mazda was in at the smashies. Hope you enjoy it :D

Fantastic colour. Is that actually called "dazzling blue" or is that your opinion?

That is Hyundai's name for it. I think it is a little bit too dark to be called "dazzling". It is glittery though when viewed close up.

Great looking car. Love the color. Hope it serves you both well for years to come.

No Kia's in Australia?

Just asking, since the Cee-apostrophe-d is quite a nice car as well.

Sensible choose either way!

Great looking car. Love the color. Hope it serves you both well for years to come.

Yeah, Hyundais have really started looking good since they started designing them in Germany.

Much better colour on a knedliky indeed :clap:

Knedliky?

No Kia's in Australia?

Just asking, since the Cee-apostrophe-d is quite a nice car as well.

Sensible choose either way!

Kias are available here, but we didn't look at any. We were originally thinking about a Honda Civic and our local Honda dealership also does Hyundai. We ended up preferring the I30to the Civic.

Bulgogi is a rather tasty type of grilled beef from Korea, if anyone didn't know.

Edit: FUCK YOU, AUTOCORRECT.

Last edited:
VERY good car! I test driven one and loved how peppy it is. Among all Hyundai models the i30 seems to have the right engine for its size, it's a fun car to drive :) (unlike the Sonata, which left me disappointed)

Last edited:
Very pretty colour on your bulgogi, goes well with the Australian sun! Is that a touchscreen? Moar interior shots plx! Looking at Hyundai Australia I see that the differences between Czech and Korean factories are more substantial than I thought, the AU/EU trim levels don't translate at all.

Last edited:
Man creates thread with the word "Wife" in title, and rather than anyone crudely asking for photos of said spouse, we get dialogue about the official colour for the car and bulgogi? :lol:

I love Final Gear.