Concept: Mugen NSX RR Concept

Made In the USA

Car(s)
'04 Range Rover
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/13/2009-tokyo-auto-salon-mugen-nsx-rr/
With the NSX successor officially cancelled, Honda tapped long-time motorsports partner Mugen to create a one-off coupe to commemorate the everyday supercar that ended production in 2005. The Mugen NSX RR is stretched to 177.95 inches (almost four inches more than the '94-05 model), and widened by 5.5 inches and features a combination of carbon fiber and aluminum body panels. A set of upgrade brakes and GT-style body kit, join a new rear wing, hood-scoop and diffusers, while the stock 3.0-liter V6 remains and is mated to a revised six-speed manual gearbox. Mugen hasn't released any power figures, but informed speculation pegs output between 350 and 380 hp.

While it's highly-doubtful that Honda or Mugen will sell the NSX RR in the States, there's a good chance that the tuning firm will acquire some low-mileage NSX-Rs in Japan to produce a limited run of the RR, similar to the NISMO R34 GT-R Z-Tune Nissan produced at the end of the Skyline's production run.
This is the car Honda should have built for homologation instead of the NSX-R GT, basically their version of the Porsche GT1 and Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR.

The Spoon NSX-R that will be sold in the states are supposedly from white bodies that Honda had left over after production stopped, so these could be brand new cars, I just hope it has way more than 380hp or it won't be worth the effort, if they build it all. The big thing about this car is that the engine is longitudinally mounted as they are in Super GT instead of transverse as the road cars are. The Super GT NSXs have over 500 hp and I believe they are still NA.

03_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

01_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

02_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

04_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

02_mugen_nsx_rr_live.jpg

01_mugen_nsx_rr_live.jpg

03_mugen_nsx_rr_live.jpg

13_mugen_nsx_rr_live.jpg

16_mugen_nsx_rr_live.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_Oyl0T_CY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Ugly as fuck.

Well, it's certainly spectacular, but attractive? Erm...

Much prefer the stock NSX - god I want one.

I gave this a second, third, and even a fourth look... and I just can't like it. If the exterior wasn't ricetastic enough, the last picture of the interior really just drives it home. This is probably what it would look like if you gave some street racer with a CRX an NSX and told him to go nuts.

The only thing I'm surprised is that they managed to get a F1 style air intake onto a road car.

Talk about relativity. Who said F1 programmes are irrelevant to road cars ? ;)

It looks great - who doesn't want a GT car for the road. As long as I could get the interior in black.

It looks great - who doesn't want a GT car for the road. As long as I could get the interior in black.
A "GT-style body kit" does not a GT car make. The only things they've done are give it better brakes and fiddle with the gearbox; the rest is entirely body work (most of it hideous, too). We have a thread for that sort of thing.

For me it was the headlights. They look lost in that huge hood. Or maybe they are too close to the middle.
Whatever it is its putting me off.

Make it mate black on the outside and black on the inside and I'll think about it.

I, personally, think this is serious fap material.
Although, I do agree that the red interior is hideous. But if I had an NSX I would rip out the interior anyways... so I think I'll just take a regular NSX, gut it, supercharge it, and hunt Z06s and 911s.

I love it! :D

I loved the JGTC NSX and it's really nice to see a road-going version. I can understand why some don't like it, but for something based on an ancient Honda sports car I think it looks wonderfully futuristic.

Either way, it's a delight to see the old, proper NSX, the one Senna had a hand in designing appear once again.

Apart from that oversized air intake on the roof, I liked it!

Love it. Function > Form.

We need a NEW NSX, not just the old one with a few extra bits.

I loved the JGTC NSX and it's really nice to see a road-going version.

Spoon has one of the 5 NSXR GTs that were ever built (I've seen it in person). THAT was the road going version of the JGTC one. This is just a widebody wannabe.

And did anyone catch the Civic steering wheel? MEGA LOL!

Last edited: