Mumbai Bombings

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
BBC coverage: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7751160.stm

Although most of my family is in south India, and in Calcutta, we do have some relatives in Mumbai. We're trying to contact everyone in India and make sure people are safe.

I just want to say to the rest of the Indians on the forum: Hope you and your families are safe. This is such a horrible thing to happen (though it is now becoming too uncommon in India).

I hope the Indian army does something about this and takes up action against the fucking group that's behind all these bombings. Of course for the sake of being politically correct and not seeming like we're invading another country the government and politicians will never go for it. This is just too frustrating, and I'm sure the people of Mumbai are even more frustrated. As my mom says, they're the New York equivalent as they are very resilient people. Bombing on Monday, back to work on Tuesday. I think this is however the last straw, and I hope there is a rising motivation to take action rather than withhold all the pain and anguish.

Anyways, I should stop ranting as that belongs in the political discussion thread. I mainly wanted to wish all the Indians here. If I want, I'll go off on my rant on some other thread.

Hope everyone's safe. Take care.

To everyone in India, stay safe.

Looks like it's just some coordinated religious extremists... big shocker there.

It sounds like India's literally turned into a war zone. I hope this ends soon.

Terrible news. My parents were staying at the one hotel which was bombed (Taj) just this last saturday.

R.I.P. to all those who died...my heartfelt condolences to the families of the causalities..

Everyone from Mumbai- Be safe...and and most importantly, keep up your spirits.

Damn this sucks. I am sad to hear about this, I hope that all members' families are safe.

My thoughts are with the bereaved.

fucking shit, my uncle was supposed to have a conference and stay over at Oberoi hotel, I dont know if it is Oberoi Trident though...fucking fuck!!

* Mumbai, 26. november 2008: 50++ ppl killed
* Assam, 30. oktober 2008: 45 ppl killed
* Imphal, 21. oktober 2008: 17 killed
* Kanpur, 14. oktober 2008: 8 injured
* Malegaon, Maharashtra, 29. september 2008: 5 ppl killed
* Modasa, Gujarat, 29. september 2008: 1 guy killed
* New Delhi, 27. september 2008: 3 ppl killed
* New Delhi, 13. september 2008: 26 ppl killed
* Ahmedabad, 26. juli 2008: 57 ppl killed
* Bangalore, 25. juli 2008: 1 guy killed
* Jaipur, 13 mai 2008: 68 ppl killed
* Hyderabad, 25. august 2007: 42 ppl killed
* Samjhauta Express, 19. februar 2007: 66 ppl killed
* Malegaon, Maharashtra, 8. september 2006: 40 ppl killed
* Mumbai, 11. juli 2006: 209 ppl killed
* Varanasi, 7. mars 2006: 21 ppl killed
* New Delhi, 29. oktober 2005: 61 ppl killed
* Mumbai, 25 august 2003: 46 ppl killed
* Gandhinagar, 24. september 2002: 34 ppl killed

India on fire :p

erm, I'm reading different things as 50+ ppl killed (sadly)

I read 100+ people killed, 300+ injured :(

fucking shit, my uncle was supposed to have a conference and stay over at Oberoi hotel, I dont know if it is Oberoi Trident though...fucking fuck!!

From the Oberoi hotel website:

We all are deeply saddened by the tragic events in Mumbai.
We are very concerned about the safety of our guests and staff at the hotels in Mumbai. Our thoughts are with their families.

Despite all efforts we are unable to make contact with the persons inside the hotel. Therefore at present, we do not have more information than what is being relayed by the media. We will update you as soon as we have confirmed information on further developments.

We are monitoring the situation closely and we are extending all our cooperation to the police and government authorities.

The safety of our guests and staff remains our primary concern.

If you have any questions or need assistance in making contact with your family or friends that may be at the hotel, please call us at +91-11-2389 0606 or call Toll Free. Our attempt will be to assist you as best as we can.

I hope he is safe bro. Have you tried to call him? Best of luck and let us know.

Last edited:
My condolances to anybody involved in this tragedy.:(

Here is TopGear Australia host Warren Brown's reaction to the attacks from today's Daily Telegraph-

Warren.png

My family's from the north.

When I was in India over the summer, the general opinion of many people was the same. India needs to start investigating. In one of the newspapers, they showed a list of the attacks and how few of them had actually been solved. The Indian government needs to take action to finally shut down the cells instead of sitting on the sidelines while more and more attacks happen.

My best wishes go out to all of those in the south.

My family's from the north.

When I was in India over the summer, the general opinion of many people was the same. India needs to start investigating. In one of the newspapers, they showed a list of the attacks and how few of them had actually been solved. The Indian government needs to take action to finally shut down the cells instead of sitting on the sidelines while more and more attacks happen.

My best wishes go out to all of those in the south.

How can something like that happen when the bloody government does not take action immediately?? The Indian government has known for YEARS about this militant activity, the Mumbai Train bombings , 2001 attack on the parliament, going back since 1999. Lets see if this attack gives the government the leverage to tell neighboring Pakistan to suck up and take some preventive action against this militant problem.

Once again regards to the all the victims and the commandos who are just starting to take back the occupied hotels.)

How can something like that happen when the bloody government does not take action immediately?? The Indian government has known for YEARS about this militant activity, the Mumbai Train bombings , 2001 attack on the parliament, going back since 1999. Lets see if this attack gives the government the leverage to tell neighboring Pakistan to suck up and take some preventive action against this militant problem.

Once again regards to the all the victims and the commandos who are just starting to take back the occupied hotels.)

One of the Indian ministers stated that this was the 9/11 for India. America was heavily changed (security wise) after that devastating event, and hopefully we can see India get rid of some of the corruption, get its act together, and finally have a formidable anti-terrorism task force.

It's over finally.The siege has ended.The Commandos have given the victory sign.

Thanks man, I got through my parents yesterday. Luckily he hadn't had arrived at the hotel at the time of the attack. I am partly relieved.

I'm very very glad to hear that man. :)

My uncle's wife's brother lives in Mumbai, and he was on a business trip a few years ago. He was missing his 2 year old son so he decided to take the train a week early to come home. He came back safe, played with his son, enjoyed his life.

Had he taken the train on time... he would have been a victim in the train bombing.

His baby son pretty much rescued him.

I think while the bombing and terrorism has ended, we still have a war with the politicians that's just begun.