Mumble Server! (Voice Chat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an unknown reason, Mumble refuses to start today. Didn't change a thing, install something or fiddle around with anything. It just won't start. Actually the exe starts and gets listed under processes, but the interface itself is not starting.

-edit-

Well who would have guessed, rebooting did the trick ;).

Last edited:
Hmm, working fine here. Temporary hiccup? Check host/post?

Tried a reboot, it isn't something on my end if everyone else is having issues too. I am a software engineer, I do this stuff for a living, it's like a baker trying to tell the mechanic something is wrong with his car. There is nothing wrong with my computer, I can connect to dozens of other mumble servers, and I have no problems, I have the latest everything, and my mumble is up to date. You guys need to fix your ****.

Tried a reboot, it isn't something on my end if everyone else is having issues too. I am a software engineer, I do this stuff for a living, it's like a baker trying to tell the mechanic something is wrong with his car. There is nothing wrong with my computer, I can connect to dozens of other mumble servers, and I have no problems, I have the latest everything, and my mumble is up to date. You guys need to fix your ****.

Yes, I also write software for a living and I'm telling you there's a dozen people on it right now. It's up and working fine.

I was going to suggest a traceroute but if you can manage to connect to here then you should be able to connect to it -- same server after all.

Dunno what to tell ya. You're the only person having problems.

Been on almost every day for the past weeks and I just connected successfully too. And so obviously did the 6 other people on there right now.

So why do you join just to berate us on the forums about a free service?

There is nothing wrong with our asterisks, nor is there anything wrong with our Mumble server. Maybe you have a router problem. Maybe you're using an outdated client. Given your attitude though, I don't really give a "****"

Being someone who works in operations, and seeing that it works for everyone else (and myself) with no issues, I'm willing to bet the problem is yours. It may not be your computer. If its a connection timeout, then the data is either not getting to the right destination or is being blocked on the return trip back to your computer. My guesses are:
1) ISP issue blocking that port (unlikely)
2) firewall blocking traffic on your router or computer (less likely)
3) You didn't set up mumble correctly. Perhaps you misspelled the server name or put the wrong port (most likely)

Enjoy your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.