Autoblog: Murci, Murci Me: Lamborghini to unveil LP670-4 SV at Geneva

ahpadt

Forum Addict
w_lambolp640sv_priddy3.jpg

The Lamborghini Murcielago is an aging beast. Since its introduction in 2001, the big Lambo has bred a seemingly endless string of variants, including fixed-roof and open-top models, the upgraded LP640, Versace special editions and, of course, the seven-figure Reventon supercar. But before Sant'Agata replaces the Murcielago, it will debut what could be range's the ultimate rendition at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.

Lambo's performance engineers will do their best to counteract the Murcielago's Jurassic-age steel chassis by trimming weight in order to give the behemoth the Superleggera treatment it performed on the previous Gallardo. As previously reported, carbon fiber and magnesium are expected to be employed, along with removing some extraneous trim in the interior, to cut some 220-pounds from the stock Murcielago.

The lighter Lambo is also expected to get an upgraded engine, pumping out 670 horsepower -- 30 more than the existing LP640 thanks in part to a roof-mounted induction system -- and the SV will retain the big bull's all-wheel drive system (earlier speculation suggested that the car would in fact be rear-wheel drive). A choice of rear wings will be available, E-gear shift times have reportedly been halved to just 0.2 seconds, and gloss black forged alloys will be fitted, along with carbon-ceramic brakes to trim unsprung weight and increase stopping power. We should know more about the long-named Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce as we get closer to the Geneva show, so stay tuned.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/16/murci-murci-me-lamborghini-to-unveil-lp670-4-sv-at-geneva/

Oh yeah! <3 Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Yawn, they keep tinkering with the Murcielago yet it still has black wing mirrors like some econo domestic car.

I liked your title at least.

Yawn, they keep tinkering with the Murcielago yet it still has black wing mirrors like some econo domestic car.

I liked your title at least.

It was copied from Autoblog :p.

Just remember the gazillion upgrades the Diablo got in it's life. I wonder how the successor of the Murci is going to look like. It's nearing the end of it's life cycle. The gigantic spoiler always comes last.

Should have just called it the Murcielago SV. It's fantastic anyway.

An extra dose of Italian motoring insanity? Why yes, I'll take an extra large serve.

It's German. Of course it has to have a billion letters and numbers.

aren't you mixing German naming method to Japanese? like Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II N?r etc etc..:lol:

The rear spoiler is pretty damn ugly, and needs to be rear wheel drive.

Then again, there is Edo Competition...

This sounds....insane!!! :jawdrop::w00t::w00t:

30 more horsepower, faster gearbox and -220lbs...Holy Crap! I'm thinking we might see another 1:17.xx time on the Top Gear track with this one.

I on the other hand really like the fact that its awd. Something special, pretty much every other car in its league is rwd.

As to why they didnt make it like that in the first place. Id say because this is going out with a bang car for this model, other murcis were more "user-friendly" :) , this is going to be even more of a beast than what lp640 is and Id say Christina Aguilera or the Jonas Brothers would not be interested in it, its not so mainstream.

In any case, I love it.

If they were able to do this all along, WHY
DIDN'T THEY MAKE THE MURCIELAGO LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Don't you remember? The Sainsburys 'Taste The Difference' cheese and all that...?

Last edited:
I have nothing against the Murc, but I really can't wait for something new to come out of Lambo.