Must-have automotive toys

In my daily driver I need just the bare essentials (AC, PS, PW, etc.)... but I need heated seats. Don't care about GPS or Traction control or even cruise control for that matter... but it gets damn cold here, and I loves heated seats. Anything else is just a bonus, but not a necessity.

/Heated steering wheel would be nice too.
//has no idea what Cadillac didn't fit one of those to their 05 Escalade....
///IT'S GOT A (FAKE) WOODEN WHEEL FOR GOD'S SAKE!
//// Fake wood + freezing cold = one hell of a heat sink.
/////$60,000.... son of a b.

Power steering for me too. I've driven many cars with and without and those with power steering are way better in regular driving. I suppose if you are on a race track no power sttering may be beneficial to some extent.

I was thinking about this today and I thought of some of the things my car doesn't even have that 'you people' not only require but require to be operated by a small electric motor. Like electric mirrors for example; My car only has one wing mirror and the only way to adjust it is to open the window, reach out and actually grab the mirror itself and twiddle it around. The aerial for the radio works the same way. But do I need a control for the mirror or an aerial that goes up automatically? Shit no!

What I do need that i forgot to mention in my previous post is a rear window demister. My car doesn't have one and it really bloody well should because those things are wonderful. Oh! And hazard lights! I couldn't believe it when I first realised that my car doesn't have them! All I could think about was how big a hazard my car was at the time and how little I could do about it.

A/C is nice but once again, not necessary. It robs power, kills your economy, and gets expensive to maintain.

Drive through Nevada, Arizona, eastern California, Texas, the deep South etc in August and say that.

you guys talking about manual transmissions, clutch pedals, RWD and other such things as toys? no theyre not, theyre essential components to the car driving experience. i.e. stuff you NEED

the OP is asking about electronic doodads that arent needed for the driving experience, but are fun to have. stuff you DONT NEED

basically any serious track oriented perfomance car should have NONE of these toys, like an ariel atom

so my list of toys id like in any daily driver car is:

sat nav with real time traffic alerts n updates
heated seats
power moonroof
foldaway rear seats
mp3 jack and or USB input in stereo with HD
HUD
dual zone climate control (because me and the woman like completely diff temps)
memory seats
sunglasses holder
bluetooth built in
parking sensors ( for those urban parallel parking jobs)

Drive through Nevada, Arizona, eastern California, Texas, the deep South etc in August and say that.

dont give the guy a hard time, he probaly live ina colder climate area where AC isnt much benefit. if he lived ina desert climate, hes either a maschist, moron, or just really stingy.

I need a car thats doesn't require fuel to run on, goes sting like viper and has a heft 6 speed manual transmission just like the viper, and last but not least, it must be a VIPER..... (i think it viper needs fuel, right?)

It's not so bad (unless you've got a lot of city driving to do). Only about 6 months of the 5 years I've been driving was in a car with AC. It stays in the 90s here for a few months each year (seems like it at least), with downright oppressive humidity. And I was driving 600+ miles a week in it for a few years :?. Heh, don't get me wrong, AC is nice and all; but I have to agree with Sprint and say it's not a "must-have".

Lessee..

Okay, seeing as I drive my mum's Peugeot most of the time, the following would be pretty, um, helpful.

1) A decent sound-system, so I've got something to keep me awake while I sit for ages with my foot pressing the carpet, trying to get the damn thing up to freeway speed.

2) Power Steering

Okay it has got power steering but, I can't imagine ever driving a car without it, I mean, my parking's bad enough as it is without some assistance from the wheel.

3) A/C - Getting into a car that's been sitting in 40c + heat all day with only a pokey little fan to try and cool it down enough so you can actually touch the steering wheel really sucks, as experienced first-hand with a Hyundai Excel. (thankfully the Pug's A/C has never broken down :touch wood:).

4) A passenger side mirror that actually works.

5) A driver's window that actually works.

6) A steering column and glovebox that doesn't squeak and rattle at you no matter how many times various people have tried to fix it.

7) No bits of trim and screws and things just randomly falling off.

8) Indicators and hazard lights that don't have a mind of their own and suddenly turn on and off when its raining heavily enough.

Okay..in reality I guess the essentials for me are..

Airconditioning
Power Steering
Sound System
Drivers Airbag (I hardly ever carry any passengers so one will do).

- I've never much driven a car with four-wheel discs or ABS brakes or traction control, none of that fancy stuff. So I'm yet to experience the benefits to know If I really need it or not.

things on my current car i thought i didnt need when i bought it but realize how wonderful they are today.

1. MP3 CD player - 8 albums on one disc
2. Heated leather - Chicago winters
3. Multifunction trip computer - track economy, driving time, oil temp, outside temp
4. Power sunroof - for cruising on a cool summer night with all windows open and tunes playing
5. One touch down on all 4 windows - great for said summer nights
6. Key operated windows - never have to remember to up the windows before getting out

I guess all of this is because my last car was jeep pickup with broken 4wd and an am/fm radio

It's not so bad (unless you've got a lot of city driving to do). Only about 6 months of the 5 years I've been driving was in a car with AC. It stays in the 90s here for a few months each year (seems like it at least), with downright oppressive humidity. And I was driving 600+ miles a week in it for a few years :?. Heh, don't get me wrong, AC is nice and all; but I have to agree with Sprint and say it's not a "must-have".

In miami we need air conditioning..... trust me.

Sequential-manual gearbox, weigh less than 450 pounds, single seater, hand operated gas/brake/clutch, less than four wheels, but more than one....

oh wait.

Actually I am pretty sure my Jetta has that too!