Mustang is a shit car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood why people hate American cars so much. They may be mediocre sometimes, but it's not like a Mustang and a Corvette and a Chevy Malibu barged into your house at 1 in the morning, tied up your grandparents, blew your kid sister's head off with a shotgun, and proceeded to rape and torture your parents with a branding iron and a bottle of toilet cleaner after shooting you in the kidneys and leaving you to die. Jeez, lighten up.

peter3hg2 said:
youngwarrior said:
jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:
fbc said:
^ Good on ya - go troll elsewhere.

Pretty sad move by Ford - great way to piss off a loyal community that's been supporting you.

you gonna prove me wrong before callin me a troll?

We don't need to prove anything. You have been a troll for some time.

No I speak the truth, which often goes against what a certain type of people on this site dont like.
You don't speak the truth you speak an opinion. Theres a big difference.

Lotuses are light cars. Truth or opinion?

youngwarrior said:
peter3hg2 said:
youngwarrior said:
jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:
fbc said:
^ Good on ya - go troll elsewhere.

Pretty sad move by Ford - great way to piss off a loyal community that's been supporting you.

you gonna prove me wrong before callin me a troll?

We don't need to prove anything. You have been a troll for some time.

No I speak the truth, which often goes against what a certain type of people on this site dont like.
You don't speak the truth you speak an opinion. Theres a big difference.

Lotuses are light cars. Truth or opinion?

Compared with other automobiles the Lotus is light but that's not really the point. You said the Mustang is a "shit car", why is that?

it handles crap and it has a crap interior. Looks are an opinion and mine is that it looks rather chunky and boring. The engines are pure crap aswell.

youngwarrior said:
it handles crap and it has a crap interior. Looks are an opinion and mine is that it looks rather chunky and boring. The engines are pure crap aswell.

Have you looked at the actual 0-60 and quarter mile times for muscle cars from the 60s? I didn't think so. As for the interior, it's really not that bad. Sure, it may not be perfect but it quite good enough for what it is. There is really nothing wrong with the V8 engine. If you want more power you need more money.

lol americans are the most vain people in the world and your calling me a woman for liking a pleasing interior. You cant see the outside of a car, but you live in the interior when driving it.

Mustang is a muscle car? I wouldnt class it as one, its too slow.

Those are the 60's though were in 2006 and the perfomance increase doesnt account for the 40 years.

Yeah? Well, at least we still HAVE a car industry! :tease:

I know, our industry is dying. But we still own most of the British companies. What do you guys have left, Morgan? Those interiors are crap as well. No, literally, they're made from actual feces, layered with rare Amazonian tree frog poop.

The thing is though I will admit brits cant make decent cars unless its uber expensive and low production. The cars we used to make were unreliable, slow, crap, heavy and didnt handle all that well.

Sorry about the messy split, you guys posted much too fast for my slow connection. :p

youngwarrior said:
lol americans are the most vain people in the world and your calling me a woman for liking a pleasing interior. You cant see the outside of a car, but you live in the interior when driving it.

Those are the 60's though were in 2006 and the perfomance increase doesnt account for the 40 years.

Why do people buy Mustangs? I can tell you that 99% of the time people don't buy the Mustang to go racing 350Z or for the track. They buy the Mustang because of its name, its looks, and its V8. On all accounts Ford has delivered.

http://img501.imageshack.**/img501/3657/image1930it9.jpg

Mustangs are not shit cars, everyone is entited to an opinion and you have yours. I can guess you are gonna say next so just say it.........

jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:

Why do people buy Mustangs? I can tell you that 99% of the time people don't buy the Mustang to go racing 350Z or for the track. They buy the Mustang because of its name, its looks, and its V8. On all accounts Ford has delivered.

so its a posers car with no real substance? I preferd the older ones. Ok maybe in your country is UK cause its dirt cheap (arent dirt cheap cars usually shit though? :| )

In europe though they are trying to flock these crappy things near base BMW money and no one who is right in the head would do that.

so its a posers car with no real substance? I preferd the older ones. Ok maybe in your country is UK cause its dirt cheap (arent dirt cheap cars usually shit though? )

Just watch the TopGear segment on the Mustang and perhaps you will get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1FkRmLC7dg

youngwarrior said:
I watched it. Sorry not convinced. Living off its past.

Then you still don't get. Perhaps you never will but I would stop going around to every thread that mentions an American car and say things like "it is shit" and the like. I don't like some Japanese and European cars and I don't feel the need to go around and posting about it every time I come on the board.

not liking something, and something being shit is two very different things. However it is only my opinion after all.

zenkidori said:
two pages and no lock?

If you dont like what your reading dont come in. Locking topics like this is kinda childish. I thought america was the land of the free, which comes with free speech.

How many people buy a MINI because of its practicality? All the points jetsetter mentioned apply to that as well: they're both retro cars, living off their pasts, for people who like a bit of style (which is different than being a poseur, btw), and aren't the best cars in their respective classes. Remember, everything works both ways.

And youngwarrior, don't let jetsetter represent all Americans' views on our cars. There's plenty of people who hate American cars here, and there's plenty who love 'em. I can admit that the Mustang isn't the best either, but I can expand on that more than just writing "crap interior crap engine crap handling blah blah blah".

BlaRo said:
How many people buy a MINI because of its practicality? All the points jetsetter mentioned apply to that as well: they're both retro cars, living off their pasts, for people who like a bit of style (which is different than being a poseur, btw), and aren't the best cars in their respective classes. Remember, everything works both ways.

And youngwarrior, don't let jetsetter represent all Americans' views on our cars. There's plenty of people who hate American cars here, and there's plenty who love 'em. I can admit that the Mustang isn't the best either, but I can expand on that more than just writing "crap interior crap engine crap handling blah blah blah".

I don't admit that American cars are perfect. There have been plenty of poor autos that have came out of Detroit and even some of the better ones have their faults but thats the same with most cars, no matter what country. And I do love plenty of Japanese and European autos. Give me an Aston, Merc, or BMW any day and I would love it as much as any American car.

youngwarrior said:
zenkidori said:
two pages and no lock?

If you dont like what your reading dont come in. Locking topics like this is kinda childish. I thought america was the land of the free, which comes with free speech.
flamebait topics get locked, at least the ones I've posted. 8)

BTW you're a facking tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.