Mustang is a shit car

Status
Not open for further replies.
audi_motorsport-051212-1548lr.jpg

It was rumored for some days now, but with the wrong model. The Audi Q7 will receive the V12 diesel engine derived from the Audi R10 diesel race car with 500 bhp and 1000 Nm torque! Wow, that's great news and once more Audi is proving their Vorsprung mentality.

You still have to wait until 2008 to see, feel and hear the Audi Q7 V12 6.0 TDI (sounds pretty impressive!) on the roads, but that's absolutely worthwhile.
In 2010 the V12 diesel engine will also be placed into the next-generation Audi A8.

yes but remapping that will change things dramatically. Cant remap simpleton engines for big power boosts can ya.

un-dee said:
A flamewar between jetsetter and youngwarrior.... can it get any worse?

I don't think I am actually flaming. I have not said anything bad about any European automobile or engine.

youngwarrior said:
its not a flamewar hes just trying to start a bandwagon from up on his high horse.

Has anyone actually agreed with you yet?

youngwarrior said:
chaos386 said:
youngwarrior said:
even Diesel engines are better than the mustang V8. They rev just as high , have more torque, last longer, give better fuel economy and many have a higher output too! The mustangs V8 is just terrible. It belongs in the 80's.
Many have higher output? What else makes 300+ horsepower besides the 4.2L diesel in the Audi A8? You'll have to forgive me if this seems like an ignorant question, as the only high-performance diesels I hear about are the ones shown on Top Gear.

Eg. BMW:

I4 2.0L petrol: 150HP, I4 2.0L diesel: 163HP ... +16HP

I6 3.0L petrol engine: 272HP, 3.0L diesel 231HP ... -41HP
I6 3.0L bi turbo petrol: 306HP, 3.0L twin turbo diesel 286HP ... -20HP

4.4L V8 petrol: 333HP, 4.4L V8 diesel: 330HP ... -3HP
So now 163hp is more than 300hp? I've been taking the wrong math classes. :lol:

jetsetter said:
I disagree with both of you. Stop hijacking every damn thread. It's not that this is the only one. I think you would do almost everyone a favor if you shut up.

un-dee said:
jetsetter said:
I disagree with both of you. Stop hijacking every damn thread. It's not that this is the only one. I think you would do almost everyone a favor if you shut up.

I believe that's why the mods left this thread open.

jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:
its not a flamewar hes just trying to start a bandwagon from up on his high horse.

does anyone ever agree with you? Your a fanboy with no substance. You build GM etc up to be something that they are not. You didnt even know that your precious aura is a rebadged crappy vectra. Dad used to have a vectra, what a crap car :lol: He called it his "first lemon".

youngwarrior said:
jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:

does anyone ever agree with you? Your a fanboy with no substance. You build GM etc up to be something that they are not. You didnt even know that your precious aura is a rebadged crappy vectra. Dad used to have a vectra, what a crap car :lol: He called it his "first lemon".

Who said I didn't know? You should know that as a fan of GM I keep tabs on all of their vehicles. I knew where the Aura was coming from before it came out. I also know about most every other rebadge that GM has done.

But lets get back on topic shall we.

what made you become a fan of GM?

It looks like the mustang is crap discussion has run its course.

Verdict:

There are diesels available that are faster than the V8 mustang.

evidence? Actually never mind Im just being pig headed, although money was never really part of my argument. If I could get one for 14K I would buy one, if I could get one for 20k I suppose it would be worth a look. But over 25k and your having a laugh.

Think about it. Why are todays diesels quite? Why don't they pump out black soot?
How do diesels produce as much horsepower as their petrol equivilant?
The Ford V8 is simple, easy to produce, less complex then todays diesels.

But depending on your mileage you could make that money back easily as diesels are way more economical

Status
Not open for further replies.