Mustang is a shit car

Status
Not open for further replies.
peter3hg2 said:
youngwarrior said:
vRS said:
youngwarrior said:
thats ?2 grand UK money. Go phone your dealer.

Then where does the other ?48,670 in a RS4 pay for? dude seriusly you're starting to talk bullshit, you can phone up Audi Uk and buy one of the best engines in the world for ?2000..............

Im tallking about the bog standard 4.2 V8 FSI and not the RS4 one though....You know the 344hp version. And if you think that the engine is the most expensive part of the car you are very sadly mistaken. It doesnt cost car manufacturers much to make the engine at all. Its the labour etc thats expensive.
Bull shit.
We nearly had to have a turbo replaced on an old VW Sharan and it would cost about ?1300. There is no way in hell a whole (very advanced) engine is less than double that.

lol either you got ripped off or that was the price INCLUDING LABOUR!!!!!!

Labour often costs more than the parts themselves, and as a man working in construction I have persoanl experience with that. BTW even if that was including labour you got ripped off big time.

peter3hg2 said:
NAIDANAC A said:
I would love to know more about this carsittings. He was before my time.
All I know about him is he fobbed some photo off the internet as his own in the Photo contests.

He also came back as an hot girl and said "he-she" as an RS4, but he forgot to photoshop the Finnish number plate(he-she said they were from Isreal) out and we soon got rid of him.

vRS said:
peter3hg2 said:
NAIDANAC A said:
I would love to know more about this carsittings. He was before my time.
All I know about him is he fobbed some photo off the internet as his own in the Photo contests.

He also came back as an hot girl and said "he-she" as an RS4, but he forgot to photoshop the Finnish number plate(he-she said they were from Isreal) out and we soon got rid of him.

I remember that though...the girl was kinda cute

P.S. Im trying to get the mustange convo to end.

A new Audi 4.2 V8 is not 2 grand, in dollars, pounds or Euros. A used Merc 4.3 V8 sells for $9,500. A used and reconditioned Audi 1.8 is over $3,500. Used and reconditioned Audi 4.2 V8s run in the $6,000 dollar range. I can get a used and reconditioned Ford 4.6 SOHC engine for about $1,500.

The prices I have provided can be checked and verified.

Jetsetter....buddy...just walk away from the thread! :)

jetsetter said:
A new Audi 4.2 V8 is not 2 grand, in dollars, pounds or Euros. A used Merc 4.3 V8 sells for $9,500. A used and reconditioned Audi 1.8 is over $3,500. Used and reconditioned Audi 4.2 V8s run in the $6,000 dollar range. I can get a used and reconditioned Ford 4.6 SOHC engine for about $1,500.

Hey you, take your facts out of the thread.

This thread is a certified "No Fact Zone".

jetsetter said:

1. Thats US dollars
2. Merc engines are alot more expensive than Audi's
3. Because there are alot more audi's in the UK than the US population wise we would get the engine cheaper, ie more demand competition = cheaper price
4. Im still right,the mustang is a shit car.

Have you actually looked up the price of the engine?

"Last year, Audi's volume in (the U.S. and Canada) barely exceeded the volume it sold in the British market, despite the U.S. market being seven times the size of the British market," said Adam Jonas, analyst with investment banker Morgan Stanley in a recent report.

Thats canada and the USA barely buying more audi's than the UK alone. 2005 figures.

Because there are alot more audi's in the UK than the US population wise we would get the engine cheaper, ie more demand competition = cheaper price

There are not more Audi vehicles in the UK than in the US. We are getting off topic however.

Here are the facts:

An Audi 4.2 costs several times what a Ford 4.6 costs.
The Ford 4.6 is cheaper to repair, care for, replace, and to fuel.
The Ford 4.6 has been produced in such high numbers that no Audi engine can compete.

But that does not mean one is better than the other. The Audi engine is advanced and because of that fact it is expensive. You will not get a brand new Audi 4.2 for 2000 pounds, Euros, or Dollars.

youngwarrior, stfu

Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior, stfu
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

1. You have no evidence to prove such a statement.
2. Cheaper to repair and care for yes. To fuel though is not exactly correct.
3. So what. Audi engineering>>>Ford engineering
4. Sorry the audi is better. Its like how people say ye but a Z06 costs alot less than a 911 GT3. Well if porsche really wanted to they could sell the GT3 for as much as a Z06, but dont have to because they are desirable cars with a heavy demand. Porsche DONT give discounts EVER!

youngwarrior said:
peter3hg2 said:
Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior, stfu
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

your a bit of a geek arent you :lol:
How can you possibly come to that conclusion from me holding down a 0 key for 2 seconds. Yes I have an IQ over 100 and I suppose to thick shits like you that probably makes me a geek.

grandamcupchampions002.jpg

Grand Am Cup Champion

Corvette.jpg

Manufacterer Points Leader, Top 4 Driver Points Leaders

The Mustang and Corvette have just as much racing pedegree as Porsche or Audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.