Mustang is a shit car

Status
Not open for further replies.
youngwarrior said:
is an IQ of over a 100 supposed to be impressive? :lol:
more impressive than your bullshit

youngwarrior said:
No it was supposed to make a point, if I said my true IQ I would sound either big headed or a liar (which I do with this comment anyway).

peter3hg2 said:
youngwarrior said:
No it was supposed to make a point, if I said my true IQ I would sound either big headed or a liar (which I do with this comment anyway).
let the dick measuring contest stop, please

Vitamin J said:
grandamcupchampions002.jpg

Grand Am Cup Champion

Corvette.jpg

Manufacterer Points Leader, Top 4 Driver Points Leaders

The Mustang and Corvette have just as much racing pedegree as Porsche or Audi.

:lol:

No they dont not anywhere close to it. Porsche is the undisputed king of being the most succesful car manufacturer in the world when it comes to racing.

Corvette won a couple lemans classes but in other racing organisations its losing to ferrari's and porsches. How many international race series have corvette or mustang actually won over the years :lol:

youngwarrior said:
Vitamin J said:

Grand Am Cup Champion

Corvette.jpg

No they dont not anywhere close to it. Porsche is the undisputed king of being the most succesful car manufacturer in the world when it comes to racing.

Corvette won a couple lemans classes but in other racing organisations its losing to ferrari's and porsches. How many international race series have corvette or mustang actually won over the years :lol:
well, if you start counting since the 60's, way more than Porsche or Audi.

youngwarrior said:
Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior said:

if its bullshit why are you getting worked up about it?
who's getting worked up? lets keep this on topic. the Mustang is one of the most sucessful sports cars ever sold. calling it a 'shit car' is immature and illogical. it wasn't designed to be a technological masterpiece.

Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior said:
Vitamin J said:

Grand Am Cup Champion

Corvette.jpg

well, if you start counting since the 60's, way more than Porsche or Audi.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ignorance hahahaha prove it then. Its actaully supposed to be well known that mercedes porsche, ferrari and masertai are somemof the most succesfull car manufacturers in the world when it comes to racing. No american car company even comes close.

Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior said:
Vitamin J said:
youngwarrior said:

if its bullshit why are you getting worked up about it?
who's getting worked up? lets keep this on topic. the Mustang is one of the most sucessful sports cars ever sold. calling it a 'shit car' is immature and illogical. it wasn't designed to be a technological masterpiece.

Fine I retract my statement. Its not shit, its just not very good.

youngwarrior said:
Fine I retract my statement. Its not shit, its just not very good.
Not very good at going around corners. But give it a Kenne Bell supercharger and it'll walk all over Enzos all day long.

The 4.6L V8 can handle up to 800hp on stock internals. They can spin to 9k rpm with just valvetrain upgrades as well. 1400hp streetable Mustangs are not an uncommon sight in the US.

With mild suspension work, they can handle as well as M3s, and if you visit local road courses, you'll see Cobras like this that are leading their class:

PICT0029.jpg

1400hp streetable mustangs :lol:

Im sorry but theres no such thing. A car with so much power would be pretty much undriveable on everyday roads, and if you do the same mods with a good car to start with the outcome would be even better.

Anyway I want to hear more about how corvettes are the most winningnest cars in the world :roll:

youngwarrior said:
Anyway I want to hear more about how corvettes are the most winningnest cars in the world :roll:
Just gonna jump in for a second:

Nobody said that Corvettes were THE most winningest cars in the world. But finishing first 5 times in 6 years and 2nd for the other time, at the 24 hours of Le Mans against Aston Martin, Ferrari, and Porsche isn't exactly sandlot antics.

And lastly, don't drag the Corvette into this already hideous topic. That's like pouring napalm on a dismembered body...

youngwarrior said:

Im sorry but theres no such thing. A car with so much power would be pretty much undriveable on everyday roads, and if you do the same mods with a good car to start with the outcome would be even better.

There are actually quite a few 900hp+ Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros running around these days. 1000hp is not even that rare anymore. Just pick up a magazine and take a look.

BlaRo said:
And lastly, don't drag the Corvette into this already hideous topic. That's like pouring napalm on a dismembered body...
Yeah we already know about its leaf spring suspension and so on...

youngwarrior said:

1400hp with a turbo is easy. 4.6L of low down torque. you don't even have to spool the turbos. i've ridden in one, its not the most civilized car, but it can be driven comfortably.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette#C5-R
2001 The car's remarkable 2001 racing season produced eight victories in ten races, including an overall win in the 24 Hours of Daytona and a 1-2 finish in the GTS class at Le Mans.
2002 In 2002 the C5-R repeated its 1-2 victory in the GTS class at Le Mans and also dominated the GTS class in the American Le Mans Series. A new transaxle unit replaced the previous year's separate transmission and differential. Corvette faced stiff competition from the new Prodrive Ferrari 550, which led many laps at Le Mans, but the Ferraris suffered problems late in the race, resulting in another Corvette GTS class victory.
2003 In 2003, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest placed additional restrictions on all 24 Hours of Le Mans competitors, reducing power by 10% in an attempt to slow the cars. At the 2003 season-opening 12 Hours of Sebring, the C5-Rs remained in winning form, with one of them finishing first in class and eighth overall. Also in 2003 a special red, white, and blue color scheme was introduced to celebrate the Corvette's 50th anniversary. At Le Mans the Prodrive Ferraris spoiled the anniversary and GM's effort for a three-peat in the GTS class.
2004 The C5-R was again victorious in the GTS class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. One of the Prodrive Ferraris led most of the race. About halfway into the event, both Prodrive cars suffered mechanical problems, causing them to pit and lose laps. The Corvettes went on to finish 1-2 in their class.
2005 In the FIA GT series, the new Corvette Europe team won races at Imola, Italy and Zhuhai, China, and finished on the podium on several occasions. In the ALMS, the Pacific Coast Motorsports team scored several podium finishes behind the new factory C6-R cars.
2006 The C5-R returns to Le Mans ( France ) for the first time as a non-factory entry, run by Le Mans regular Luc Alphand. It finished 3rd in the GT1 class behind the C6R and Prodrive Aston Martin.
Its not the most winningest car in history, but it's no slouch. Ever since the introduction of the C5-R, no one has been able to catch Team Corvette.

jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:

There are actually quite a few 900hp+ Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros running around these days. 1000hp is not even that rare anymore. Just pick up a magazine and take a look.

As well, a properly set up 1000+ HP Mustang can be streetable if you know how to drive half decently.

That being said, it's important to note the difference between "streetable" and "daily driveable." I've seen a video of a guy take a 2000+ HP drag Mustang, parachute and all, through a drive-through. He drove it to and from the restaraunt, all because he could. I wouldn't want to do that every day, but it's possible. A 1000HP car would be that much easier.

in 2004 I belive BMW won 7 championships, (I have had this winningest manufacturer argument on another forum before :mrgreen: ) and porsche over the years have won more than anyone else.

youngwarrior said:
in 2004 I belive BMW won 7 championships, (I have had this winningest manufacturer argument on another forum before :mrgreen: ) and porsche over the years have won more than anyone else.
So what? Still doesn't deny the C6R team's successes. This isn't a pissing contest.

youngwarrior wrote:

(I have had this winningest manufacturer argument on another forum before :mrgreen: )

This answers everything. Now, if everybody is wise and reads this quote carefully, you will see he is one of "those" people. You will never win an arguement with one of "these" people. Ever. This is all they live for, and they feed off of emotional reactions.

JUST. WALK. AWAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.