MX5 - A girls car??

I've tried to recommend you at least a dozen Opels :p In my defence, they've all been RWD.

Yeah, but the thing is, if I'm looking for a car and you recommend a good one, I don't buy an Opel.

What, you didn't know? Buying a Miata instantly turns you into a bum bandit, an arse pirate, a squirrel muncher. Every Miata comes with a preinstalled CD of songs from the 1978 West End run of Dreamgirls. Miatas come painted in spectrum-specific paint, that can only be seen with gay sunglasses, that reveals a brightly-colored rainbow at the 2:30 sunlight, which is the gayest time ever. The engine of the Miata creates a distinct rumble that can only be heard by gays, that instantly brings them around to your house with bottles of Zima and the first season of Glee on DVD. The AC smells like Britney Spears' Fantasy. All Miata owners are required by law to participate in four (4) pride parades and one day of community service at the YMCA. The seats come with your choice of handkerchief. There are holes in the seats, for obvious reasons. Bottoms get extended warranties.

The reason the Miata is so popular on FG is because everybody here are gigantic, flaming poofs. Go get 'em, girls!

http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/7462/gayx.gif

Last edited:
:roflmao:

And you forgot "sausage jockey"! :p

I heard the F-series Miazda comes with a lipstick holder instead of a cigarette lighter. Or am I getting confused again?

Ferrari won`t enlarge your penis, MX-5 won`t shrink it. And if your are a fag, even Camaro won`t change it. That`s the way life goes and I am really wise man.

Ferrari won`t enlarge your penis, MX-5 won`t shrink it. And if your are a fag, even Camaro won`t change it. That`s the way life goes and I am really wise man.

But it might turn it inside out! *shudders* :p

I'm not a fag. I didn't really care about what it would do to my penis.. I just wanted to know if it was a car designed for girls. Anyways, I was told the commodore was thirsty which is why I was looking at the mx5 but I also am looking at old BMW 3 series. Like an old 325 or 330i or whatever they are called. They seem like nice cars but like I said please tell me of any problems with these if there are any.

Thanks guys for all your imput and suggestions.

I just wanted to know if it was a car designed for girls.
The MX-5 is not a car designed for girls. It is a car designed for the driving enthusiast. The car is designed in the tradition of the British roadster - great handling, fun to drive, top-down driving, inexpensive. Being a Mazda, instead of a British Leyland product, it's actually reliable and durable.

Unfortunately, there's a segment of society that sees small, not-powerful convertible as automatically a "girly car." It's a shame, because the MX-5 is an absolutely fantastic car for anyone who loves to drive. The majority of MX-5 ownership is actually middle-aged (ish) straight males who are past the point where they care what others think and just want a fun, durable, enjoyable car.

^ = Thanks thats a great answer :)

Looking at you, MWF :tease:
That's where the "ish" comes in - lots of guys on the younger side of that.

Also a surprising (to me, at least) number of 60+ year olds buying NCs. These are the people who use one set of brake front pads every 60,000 miles (as opposed to my one set every 6,000).

Looking at you, MWF :tease:

Actually since I got Max* I have noticed, at least here in the UK, the large percentage of MX5 drivers who are late middle-aged women, my guess being that having never had a roadster in their youth they had to wait until the kids have flown the nest or are at least able to drive themselves before they can sell the family bus and get something fun. As for the rest the majority seem to be guys in their 30s and 40s who want exactly the driving experience that the car provides and Equi described. It would appear in the main that the "hairdresser's car" stigma exists for those in their 20s as I see very few guys in that age group driving them. Their loss.

*Max, as I said in the Post Your Car section, because he is grey and likes to be soundly thrashed from time to time. But no Nazi.

I wouldn't mind an MX-5 myself, but I can't say I'd enjoy any of the comments from people I'd have about it. And I get the feeling it would be vandalised both here at home and at college.
It may well be a good car, and not a girls car, but people will think you are gay (and if you live in my area they'll probably yell and thow things at you too!). If you can't take it don't buy one. ;)

(And a soft top is all well and good during the one week of Scottish sunshine but the rest if the time it'll just fill my car up with water!) :lol:

I have to agree with equiraptor about the majority of MX-5 drivers being middle-aged guys. Around my city it's almost always middle aged guys or older, 'touch of gray' gentlemen who've got the MX-5s and S2000s.

I see a lot of young women in older Z-3's and Boxters though.

And a lot of young punks in late model Miatas.

60,000 miles (as opposed to my one set every 6,000).
Is that exaggerated? What kind of pads are you running? I get 30 out of a set of Hawks pretty easy and that's with spirited driving and several autocrosses per year.

And a lot of young punks in late model Miatas.
Well hi there! Glad to be noticed.

Is that exaggerated? What kind of pads are you running? I get 30 out of a set of Hawks pretty easy and that's with spirited driving and several autocrosses per year.
I didn't write down the exact mileage, and this is OEM compound to OEM compound (NC, specifically. The NC compound is significantly different from the NA and NB compounds). I'd get maybe two track weekends on the OEM front pads (only street driving between the track weekends was getting to and from the track). It was actually probably significantly less than 6,000 miles.

Yes, I know the OEM pads are not intended for track use. Still, they're cheap, especially with the Mazda Motorsports discount. They didn't fade on me, just wore extremely quickly (faster than my tires). That was fine with me. I've since switched to HP+, which are very squeaky on the street and sometimes a little squeaky on the track, even, but last longer. Still, I'm not sure they're managing to out-last tires, either. A more aggressive pad compound will need warming up on the street, and I'm not sure I'm ready to subject the car to that. I am not going to change compounds for street and track - I don't do enough street miles for that.